LS Gone?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Atl_Iron, Dec 20, 2007.

1. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Goodbye and good luck LS. It is a real shame that it did not work out, but I wish him well for the future, and even if the team did not perform, I thought we looked more professional under him that we did towards the end of the Coleman era.

Now I am hoping for a Collins Christam, just like the ones we use to know.

COYW

2. bq

bq New Member

Why is everyone so excited about Collins? He certainly has has his share of problems and I for one don't think this is what Fulham need right now. For instance, from the Wiki:

"Collins had a major bust-up with his players later in the same season. The players strongly criticised the manager for constantly chopping and changing the team and formation. It was claimed that almost all of the first team players attended a meeting with chairman Rod Petrie in the hope of removing Collins. However, the chairman refused to bow to fans and gave Collins his full support. Hibs finished the season in 6th place in the Scottish Premier League."

From what I understand that man is not very well liked by his players. That my friends is not leadership. Which is exactly what the Fulham players need right now. A strong leader with a good background.

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

So uh...if Tigana is involved...and Steve Marlet is a unattached right now...

4. Atl_Iron

Atl_Iron New Member

I think this is a good move for you, like we did last year, gives the new guy time to get in and make some changes with the Jan window opening, although i don't know what kind of money he would have.
    Wheres i personally have no love for Fulham, i certainly dont want to see you go down. I think it would be catastrophic for you in the long run, and there are plenty of other teams i would rather see struggle before you!!

5. andyns

andyns New Member

Yea I am not so sure about Collins. He is a former player, but is he any good as a manager? Also linked are Jol (nice) and McClaren (no no no)

6. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Jol would be cool by me.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Change is a good thing right now, the team didn't seem to have any direction these past couple of games. But the thing is I don't think Fulham are going to start a winning anytime soon. I'm hoping I'm wrong, and they beat Wigan.

8. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Any chance Jose wants the ultimate project? Great opportunity to prove just how Special he is.
    (yes, I know this is a pipe dream, but it would be cool to see him return to SW6)

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

After the daily morning run and breakfast before work I stop by FUSA to pick up the latest Fulham news and what is the top headline... "Sanchez Sacked". I must admit that I am rather shocked by this move. I thought MAF would of given him at least the Wigan match to prove himself, but lets not kid ourselves that Sanchez would of made it through the season. He made some good signings just couldn't get the results.

Jol and Mourinho are not even on the radar, Pardew isn't a great option nor the answer, Collins could provide Fulham with a much needed spark, but is he the long term answer? Lots of questions and possibilities are out there. Terrified that we might not earn the 3 points we desperately need tomorrow.

Please, oh please get us a class manager MAF...

10. sublicon

sublicon New Member

11. bq

bq New Member

Yup- your right on Jol. He said everything but the other day. His quote was something like, If you come in after the Christmas break it means you are picking up a team that is in the drop zone. I don't think I need that right now. Again, paraphrased but I think I've got it pretty close.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm sorry to have this change at this time. With the three "in-the-bag" signings we evidently are just waiting for January to announce, this is like 15 players who are here because of LS. This translates to a ton of unrest in the squad just when we have 4 matches in 11 days.

I also hate to see EPL clubs pulling the trigger so quickly. This is what, 30% of the managers fired before Christmas? It's like Central American Republics for god's sake!

Okay. Replacements? I like Alan Pardew and Iain Dowie -- neither of whom should have been sacked as EPL managers last year. I honestly don't follow either the SPL or the Croation league, so I don't know about Collins or that guy whose name I can't spell. McClaren is an asshole. Jol will never come. Neither will Tigana. Paul Ince doesn't have the experience that Sanchez had. So, I'm thinking ANYBODY BUT BRUCE ARENA! :wink:

13. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

My number one choice to take Fulham to glory would be Guus Hiddnik, but I know that is a dream world. IMO, he is the world's best at present.

How about 'Psycho'? Love his intensity and if he was given the same amount of financial support that Sven has received at Citeh he would most assuredly progressed them up the table. Maybe not at the rate Sven has, but up the table none the less. Odds are he would not like to leave the national team at this time. Maybe he wants to get back in the club scene though...

14. Atl_Iron

Atl_Iron New Member

I will politely disagree with you on that one. I am sure he has learned his lessons and wont let it happen again, but he was rightly sacked by West Ham and we would be playing in the fizzy pop league had we not.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Where you should be playing this year in any event, but that's another argument. :D

Pardew did fine the previous season, and would have done as well had his squad not been turned upside down at the 11th hour because of the placement of the two illegal Argentines in the squad. Getting a top half finish and an FA Cup final wasn't bad, and it still took the hottest streak by a single player I'd seen in 25 years to keep you from being relegated -- none of which was Pardew's fault.

16. Atl_Iron

Atl_Iron New Member

The argies certainly had plenty to do with our season, however Alans "party boy" atmostphere and the many frequent trips to the clubs and poker nights etc were the real problem. The fact our team was not in anyway fit to play football was the major problem. Just look at the form of Matty Etherington over the last 3 seasons.
    Also don't get cought up in the media hype about Tevez's streak, don't get me wrong he had some cracking games, But it was Zamora that got us wins v Everton and the Arse. You should also look at our back 4 as well, as it was the first time all season we had the same back four all season - But as you say this is the wrong thread and thats an old conversation :)

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Stuart Pearce anyone? The citeh fans hated him by the end but I can't recall why. Anyways wouldn't be my first choice but I'd prefer him to the likes of Dowie and Pardew.

18. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I can't believe I missed my friend, a bleeding heart West Ham fan posting on the fulhamusa boards.