LS Gone?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Atl_Iron, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Atl_Iron

Atl_Iron New Member

Thought i would post this from a Fulham fan that is on the WH boards, he is quite ITK and his stuff to us has been pretty accurate in the past.
    Take from it what you will.

Sanchez NOT yet confirmed as sacked, but it's pretty much done. He was on the training ground this morning and a club official went to talk to him. After a discussion, Sanchez stormed off and hasn't been seen since.

John Collins flying down from Scotland this afternoon to meet MAF to confirm installment as manager. Fayed also wants Lee Clark in as a coach with Tigana overseeing things.

No confirmation of any sort of meeting between Tigana and MAF as yet, however.

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Ohhhh... Rumor mill!

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Ha. Why is a Fulham fan posting on West Spams boards??

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Re: RE: LS Gone?

that is a very, very valid question.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

'Gulli-Bull' bait in oh so many ways...

Tigana? HTH does he keep coming up?

Like MAF is the sort who wakes up one morning and phones him up and says: 'Bygones!"

6. DCDave

DCDave Member

According to clubcall, Fulham are denying the rumour but it's not exactly a Shermanesque statement: "There are rumours but that's all they are. There has been no managerial change at the club." For LS's sake, I hope he's renting...

7. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I would hope that Fulham are going to put out some money for some experience and a track record of success. I know that the club is small and they try to get up and comers, but seems like it might be worth the money considering the plans to expand the stadium - Wouldnt a drop kill those plans?

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I'm not sure why the club would issue a statement to clubcall of all places, but if that is true, it sounds just like the Scotland FA's "denial" of contacting John Collins.

9. Atl_Iron

Atl_Iron New Member

10. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Re: RE: LS Gone?

FWIW, the exact same text was posted on the voy.com forum this morning, from the sometimes troll-ish Cheggers. Though, he claimed that he got his info from usually reliable Barra. What time was the West Ham board posting?

11. Atl_Iron

Atl_Iron New Member

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: LS Gone?

wow...if it were to happen, the sooner the better. the new manager needs to get in and see what he's got before the window opens so he can shuffle out the bedraggle.

is that a word?

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

no, I don't think it is, but I like it anyway. Sounds like a 1960s dance craze -- C'mon people / get on the floor / shuffle your bedraggle / til you cain't no more!

14. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

At the risk of sounding a bit of a twat, I would love it if it was true. I would feel really sorry for LS, but the chance to have JT back wiht Joan and Clarky would be amazing. It is probabbly BS but even so....

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i've supported LS all the way up until last week. the Newcastle match did me in. I'm ready for a change and agree with you GBFC, I'd love to see those 3 at the club

I started supporting the club near the end of Clarkies tenure here....he was a delight

16. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

omsdogg, I'm the same.

I've been sticking with Sanchez all along, thinking that he has been very unlucky. Perhaps if he'd got the win or draw at Arsenal on the first day (which we deserved), he might have gone on to being more confident, authoritative, in control.

But the Newcastle match was just crap, it really was.

And now I'm finding this talk of a Collins / Tigana / Cook trimumvirate strangely alluring. I'm excited about Fulham for the first time in months, and starting to hope that it's true.

17. andyns

andyns New Member

I thought LS was a mistake right from the get-go. A cheap, easy option.
    But who would possibly be surprised if he is sacked? 25 million and still sitting in the bottom three halfway through the season? Simply not good enough.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

The idea of a triumvirate makes me nervous. Somebody has to be in charge; too many cooks spoil the broth.

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I dunno, the triumvirates in ancient rome always contained some bloodshed, and allowed julius caesar and caesar augustus to emerge as quality leaders.

So at least it'll make things interesting??

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I'm not gonna advocate that Sanchez be tossed out, but as I said in the Newcastle thread I no longer have any opposition to it. I've lost faith in him and it hurts because I was throughly convinced he'd be a success.

Also have to agree with the concern expressed regarding a three-way, or even a two away. Inviting trouble if you ask me.