YRTN: Dum stuf really in the news

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

This one not news but rather what happens during the commercial brake apparently. Smart bunch this one! Thing about today's viral media world, you start talkin a little shit and pretty soon you've got a whole country upset with ya.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ ... ch=8033027

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

YRTN: Hired Stud.. Epic Fail

Like Chocolate that turns bitter when you chew it...
    Oh.. there's MORE.

3. pettyfog

YRTN: Holy Perez!

Perez Hilton has Carrie Prejean marriage ad taken down from YouTube

More ironic, he touts 'fair use' of celeb content all the time on the grounds it is germane to his point making.

Well .. suck on this, bitch! Take it down again and you're gonna get sued by someone who knows what he's doing!
    This belongs here because .. well, it would never have been news if not for his unbelievable hateful diatribe. There wouldnt have been an ad, and his foulmouth pukeout would never been featured. All 3 seconds of it.
    -heh

4. pettyfog

Carrie Prejean NUDE!!!

Well, not really nude. But she was only wearing panties.. and nothing hiding her boobs!

Well, except her arm and the profile was from the back.

Whatever.. it a freakin' scandal and she should be barred from beauty contests and kicked out of whatever church she goes to!!!!

It's a scandal.. it's breaking news and it's on MSNBC!!
    It's SO racy that MSNBC wont even show the photos.. it's for the chirrun, ya know!
    {crickets}
    .. or it might cause someone to yawn and ask...

"what's the big deal, I saw Kyra Sedgwick the same way on the Closer?".

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Carrie Prejean NUDE!!!

I only clicked on the link because I had never heard of this woman.

Doesn't it make sense, though? Isn't "Prejean" the very definition of "in her panties but not yet in her Levi's ."

Okay, I'm sorry. I'm obviously not taking this seriously enough.

6. pettyfog

Re: Carrie Prejean NUDE!!!

Actually, You're taking it just as seriously as it should be taken.

From the site with the 'dirty' picture:
    - so there. So rich in irony... Carrie's 'gotcha moment' just keeps on giving.

God does indeed work in mysterious ways.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Carrie Prejean NUDE!!!

yes, that's so; and judging from the picture, he did a great job of it as well. This photo would be right at home in a catalogue from Victoria's Secret, and they're delivered in the mail without plain brown wrappers.

I quote the slogan that goes with the Order of the Garter: "evil to him who evil thinks."

8. pettyfog

well, Don.. that too, of course..

I was talking about this, also on The Prez's favorite channel.
    Olbermann and senior entertainment analyst pillowbiter discuss "Who is Carrie Prejean"

and of course, if I thought this schmuck would care what a reasonable person would have to say, I'd respond like this:

what means self-proclaimed? A professed Christian? And doesnt 'bible-thumper' just set the highest level of discourse.. assuming she proselytized the Miss USA audience?
    Who did she point any finger at? She only said what she honestly believed. Unlike you, she didnt judge anyone.
    I dont recall she ever said she was afraid of queers.
    Yep, it would... according to the hypocritical rules set out in the pageant book. Nice Pun.
    hmmm anyone else think that this makes her the perfect representative, if not actual role model, for that state?
    Shows ignorance of christian concepts. We all are, bub!
    Well.. trouble is you dont count. Not to her, not to me. And you are the frackin' hypocrite, here... not Carrie.
    - - - - - -
    Now this, Don, is what the whole thing is about.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

oy...

10. pettyfog

Back to 'portant stuf

NYDAILYNEWS|Politics: The First Lady's Dress..

I'm thinking Oprah's right.. Best.First.Lady.Evah!

Rosie O'Donnell, Margaret Cho Sandra Bernhard and Janeane Garofalo were not available for comment.

But Ellen Degeneres, when asked her views, replied: 'Are you kidding? Go away'.

Anyone else beginning to have second thoughts about Women's Sufferage?

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

12. pettyfog

As usual.. Don leaves me guessing. Does he get it or doesnt he.

I'll take that quote as 'he gets it' but, still, there's that niggling...

Oh, never mind!

13. pettyfog

Gay Jurist?

Not really 'dum stuff' but like Miss CA kerfuffle and DijonGate.. more will be made out of it than should be:

Top Religious Right Group: We Won’t Oppose Gay SCOTUS Pick

It may or may not be a departure for the 'VRWCC', it probably wont for the average Christian. It isnt for me.
    I mean who cares.. other than it might be the first known gay SC judge.

Certainly whoever the Prez appoints is going to have the 'proper cred' on gay marriage, anyway. Notwithstanding his public view agreeing with Miss Prejean.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Gay Jurist?

SNORE AGAIN!!!!!

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

RE: Gay Jurist?

Hmmm Don thinks the next supreme court nominee is a snooze-worthy subject. Funny I would have bet a lot o' money that the opposite would be true.

Anyway, Obama will pick a woman. Ginsberg has been whinning about needing another woman in the court. She whines about how men have ignored what she says only to pay attention when a man says the same thing a minute later. . . . . and yet she is a supreme court justice. How'd she get there without men taking note of what she says?

Obama wants a judge with "empathy" for "peoples hopes and struggles". He also says

Well how sweet. And to think I thought it was the job of the state and federal legislatures to feel the peoples pain and make laws to address it. I thought it was a judges job to interpret the laws according to legal theory without regard to race, gender, religion, or standing

16. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I hope he picks a woman, but I really wan the best possible person. The unfortunate thing is that means a white guy probably, because the judiciary and the legal profession don't yet match the demographics of the U.S. Even though there are a lot of wonderful female lawyers and judges, there tend to be less due to the younger generation hasn't made its way into the judiciary just yet, and women lawyers oft drop out of the profession to raise a family.

It bothers the heck out of me how the media and politicians act as if going and getting a qualified woman or minority can be done at the snap of a finger.

I'm sure Obama will make a good choice though.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

no, Don thinks that printed conjecture about whether the nominee will be gay or not is a maximum snore.

Don also knows that the next nominee will not have made any significant decisions on the bench in his/her life. He/she will be bland, milquetoast, uncontroversial, and certainly unpublished. The one thing we DO NOT want in the Federal Judiciary is anyone who is smart, innovative, independent and progressive. Well, we might want someone like that, but Congress doesn't, the White House doesn't, and so we get an endless supply of faceless wonders.

Oh, and hands up anyone who doesn't think we've had a dozen or more shirtlifters on the Big Bench over the last century. Yeah, that's what I thought.

18. pettyfog

Economy Depends on Optimism

..and Psychology. No, really it does.

it says so in the Financial Times I suppose they have to get back to basics once in a while for the new subscribers.

But before you all get too upbeat about the wave of optimism.. there's some nigglers out there.

Like the Commercial Mortgage market bust.. soon to hit the news big time.

Like the new ARM's coming up.

Like the hyper inflation just down the road to level out the wave of dollar bills flooded out of treasury.

Like the coming Chrysler dissolution.. no not the Fiat deal, when Chrysler finally realizes it's done.
    Other than that..

19. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Come On Don. A gay SC justice would be awesome . . . provided he/she's impartial and wicked smart rather than "innovative and progressive".

20. pettyfog

Don also knows the prime evaluation stat of any nominee from a lower court would be the number of times his/her/its{*} decisions/opinions were reversed by USSC. KELO, notwithstanding.

{*} that in honor of me being labeled a homophobe by a pablum brained BS commenter for making fun of pillow munching critics of Carrie Prejean.