Your favorite NFL team is?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 1, 2013.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Welcome to FUSA, The Texans are indeed a worthy team to follow. Not just as a 'homer team' but for their outstanding business success.
    Due largely to your President who has a strong Soccer connection and was mentored by Lamar Hunt. The one shortcoming Jamey had was he could hire the good coach but couldn't make him win. We in Columbus point to him with pride and longing for the good old days.
    His successor at the Crew left for a similar position at the Falcons. Nuff said? Some can DO, some go through the motions

{You'll recognize I am an observer of big picture and the serendipity of connections}

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Welcome, CD! (Sorry, we use that a lot around here for a certain horse track). At the risk of being branded a communist, I'm not a big fan of the pointy end kind of football, however, the Green Bay Packers were the first team I kind of admired. They won the first two Super Bowls, of course, and now that trophy is named after their legendary coach, Vince Lombardi. Plus local boy Paul Hornung played for them, so I guess that's my team. Oh, and I like the fact that they play in the smallest city of any of our major league sports teams, and their fan ownership model. Any FUSA'ers own Packer stock? And Lambeau Field is pretty neat, too. Must go there some day. And lest I forget, Bart Starr is still my favorite pigskin player of all time.