You thought Saturday was bad for Mexico.....

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jreid19, Sep 7, 2005.

1. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
    Today is even worse if you're an England fan.....
    Northern Ireland -- 1
    England -- 0

First time in 33 years Northern Ireland has beaten England, that was at Wembley. First time since 1927 they've won in Belfast at Windsor Park. Congrats to Northern Ireland!!!

2. martin

martin New Member

It must be a wild night in Belfast tonight. Too bad the Republic couldn't knock off France. Everyone on that beautiful island would have been drunk at once!

Micheal Owen was a non-factor and the Chelsea millionaires were crap. Maybe Fulham will catch a break and Owen will still be rusty on Saturday.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's amazing that some 'personalities' just rub -even a casual fan- the wrong way. I have never liked SGE for England and I cannot really explain why.

Perhaps it's the thought that England surely should be able to find someone to really MANAGE that bunch of famous and notorious from its own ranks.

Perhaps it's because the Swede doesnt LOOK like he'd get the respect from the prima donnas. Whatever... England really should be able to pull out a tie against N.I. if everyone on the pitch were given different roles, even Rooney at center-back.

So it comes down to the players not giving it their best.. whether or not that is the intent.

But is that any LESS a signal that a manager needs to go?

Perhaps the FA actually DOES know the effect of a change at the right time, and are waiting until spring to dump him.

As to whether it is 'too late' as some over-analysts wonder, that is ridiculous. The successor need not change anyone (except for maybe a Neville or Two). He'd only need to remind Beckham that the team is better than just him, and how embarrassing it would be for Sir David to sit out all of Germany '06.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am a Poland fan! Sorry to all the English supporters, but I was pleased with NI's win yesterday! England needs to sack Sven and get some fresh blood in there before the World Cup. They are too good to be playing this way.