Yanks Attempting to Escape The League

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Jan 16, 2009.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I can only hope this one is successful:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/s ... index.html

In other Celtic news, two scum hun fans were found guilty of assault and battery (or the scottish version of) on former Celtic Captain and current Celtic Coach Neil Lennon. Two years in the pokey to think about their dreadful existence and poor interpretation of being a fan. Rangers fans may have a shitty reputation, but they've earned every bit of it.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I'm not really upset Bullard has left Fulham. Was nice to have him, but he'd only be around for another year or two anyway.

Hope Kljestan makes it at Celtic.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hope he gets to play in the three or four tough matches Celtic play every season in Scotland.

5. FulhamWisconsin

FulhamWisconsin New Member

True that. I know it is a long shot to get Celtic in the Premiership, but don't they get tired of beating the shite out of everyone but Rangers? And beating Rangers most of the time? Then losing every away match in the Champs League? Actually, there was a good article on ESPN Soccernet about the theory a while back, I don't have a link... but if Cardiff can do it along with other Welsh clubs, why not Celtic?

6. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I'm not sure, but I think Rangers/Celtic wouldn't be able to qualify for Europe if they played in England. Might be able to qualify through the Scottish Cup - Cardiff used to get in every year by winning the Welsh Cup.

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Excellent point. But, that said, I think maybe Celtic would take membership in one of the best leagues in the world over CL qualification nearly every season.

Why?

They've been to the mountain top via that path already. Time for a newer, and yes more financially beneficial, option.

Back on point, like and rate Kljestan. A stint a Celtic keeps him from getting too self-satisfied (as I see him, and others, doing in The League). Plus, if ever a Yank can break into Celtic, those Tims have a thing for Eastern European talent (or those derived from). Boruc has been a gem.