Yanks Abroad

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Jul 18, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, good luck to him.

I cant blame him... follow the dream, and all that. But I'm far more impressed by Demerit's story.

At least this kid didnt follow the example of McKinley Tennyson as chronicled so hilariously in Bigsoccer's "Where in the world is McKinley Tennyson!" sadly consigned to the server archive dump ether The Mckinley thread

The lesson to be learned from that: If you're a US hotshot but cant catch on with a big team's reserves.. you'd better NOT think you're going to make it in a Nordic League... You'll either be settling for just the beer'n'babes while playing against the likes of Brian West, or you'll end up back in the good'ol USA hoping to impress someone in the Middle School League by signing and playing for the likes of the Timbers.

For every Cory Gibbs {and IS HE REALLY ALL THAT?!!!} there are a hundred McKinley Tennyson's.

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I think Villanueva ia an attacking midfielder not a leftback. The Young Ajax coach seems very impressed with Jonathan .

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The McKinley thread, eeek! How do you find this stuff? Scratch that. Don't want to know because I don't want to ruin the mystique.

I think Gibbs can be an impact player, who is big, young, athletic, assuming he recovers well from his injury.