WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Jun 23, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Great a religion where by famous actors/actresses think they have super powers...

2. Jux

Jux New Member

Eh...it will result in a thinning of the herd. Is that such a bad thing?

I knew I should have called a press conference moments after my wife and I got engaged. Although it wasn't atop the Eiffel Tower...

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Guys, quite down...

Xenu the Evil intergalactic overlord responsible for all the bad things you do will hear you inundating you with tiny bits of aliens formerly imbeded in the earth, sticking them in your brain, and causing you to do terrible terrible things, like have lots of sex, drink plently, and not telling the store clerk she gave you an extra dollar for change...

You dont have enough money to buy the info needed to become a "clear" and move on to a higher state of being...

seriously, I worry for you both.

4. americanmike

Re: RE: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

See, this is what I'm talking about...hundreds of these running around telling the 'less masses' what to do...ugh, damn you Xenu!

5. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: RE: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

So does this mean that there is a hidden prophecy in the new version of "War of the Worlds?"

It'll do for Scientology what "Battlefield Earth" did for Dianetics! :twisted:

6. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

RE: Re: RE: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

Battlefield Earth was a great flick...the very next day I went out and bought myself a set of fake dreadlocks and a pair of boots with enormously thick soles and heels.

7. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

Ah, I see. You were one of 'those'. Nice.

8. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

Don't patronise me or I'll tell someone you have cooties.

9. americanmike

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

As long as its L. Ron Hubbard...

10. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

As painful as it is to admit, I went and saw "War of the Worlds" and it was surprisingly good... My small bladder and I wouldn't get up to go to the loo because I didn't want to miss anything... no slow moments, great visuals...

But of course, you get the lingering feeling of "Is he trying to send another message with this"... but the girl that I went with confirmed that the story was very true to the original book... the only difference (and where Scientology happens to match) is how the aliens got to earth...

1 1/2 thumbs up... would have been 2 if Tom Cruise wasn't such a nutjob...

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Ummm... note my little example in the "Darwinism" essay.

Freakin' brain-dead... even when they are smart.

Witness Travolta, the primo Actor-Scientologist... why no big quotes from him? Has he noticed that "Hubbard's new clothes" are suspect?

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: WTF - SCIENTOLOGY!

I remember as a little kid seeing a commercial over and over and over....."Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard." I had no idea and for the most part still have no idea what this book or this religion is all about. However, I am at least happy that I now know what Dianetics is connected to.

I always thought it was a new fiction novel or some type of John Grisham book. Shows how little I know.