World Cup Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryWhite, Jul 29, 2021.

1. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Would have liked to see more of De la Torre though.

2. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

It wasn't a fun game but the improbable didn't happen, so I'll focus on the bottom line:

They qualified!

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Frankly, that was piss poor by the USMNT (unless the instructions were to hold the ball for two counts before making a further pass). But, I'll forget about that performance after today. Who hoo!!!

BarryWhite and SoCalJoe like this.
  4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I'm happy we've qualified. The last cycle showed that it's never a given. So I don't want to downplay that, and like nev said I'll probably forget about the specifics relatively soon. But...

I can't ignore the repetitive road match issues. Sure, you have to consider the CONCACAF dark arts, crappy pitches, weather extremes, yada yada yada. But ignoring the second half in Honduras, the US scored ONE single goal in 585 minutes (6.5 games) of away game time. It's embarrassing. I wish they would stop psyching themselves out by talking about how difficult it is to win away in CONCACAF. The team seems to already have settled for no better than a draw before the whistle even blows.

Okay, enough of that. I am looking forward to the draw tomorrow and then seven months of debate and speculation.

BarryWhite and SoCalJoe like this.