World Cup Fantasy - Starts June 15th

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, May 8, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I just wanted to let everyone know we will have a FulhamUSA World Cup Fantasy League through Premierleague.com, the same one we used for the Premiership this season.

Sign-up starts next Monday. I will set up a league and provide the password and other such information in this thread for anyone interested in joining in. Should be fun.

2. rumstove

rumstove New Member

While Mike is still working on the FulhamUSA Fantasy Premier league prize, Stover FC has been busy getting an Int'l group together and is ready to fight for Fantasy World Cup glory...all the team needs now is, ah, um, well the password to enter the league. :)

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I checked yesterday and the league was not ready yet. I will check again today. Once I get the league signed up, I will post the info here.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Here is the info for the FUSA World Cup Fantasy League:

In Fantasy Premier League International you pick your own dream team
    of Barclays Premiership players representing their country at the
    2006 FIFA World Cup.

If you aren't already playing the game then you can register at
    http://fpli.premierleague.com

Once you have logged in and entered your team, click on the 'Leagues'
    link you can find on the the right of the page. Now enter the code
    14733-3977 to join the private league.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Am I the only one who is disappointed with the relatively small number of available players from each team? You can pick most anyone from the England team, but if you wanted to select a player from Togo, Angola, Poland or most any of the 32 coutries represented in the World Cup, you cannot do it.

Most teams only have one or two players to choose from. I wish there were more. I do not understand why it is being done this way. Disappointing to say the least.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, I wish they didn't narrow it down to Premiership players only...but at least they're being liberal with who is a "Premiership player." Gibbs is a choice (well, at least if he was healthy) but he's not certain to be in the league anymore. Plus, they had Ballack on there before his contract was completed.

Jeez...I'm such a dork. Oh well, this gives me something to do to kill slow periods at work. :coffee:

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

My guess is that it's a legal issue--they might not be allowed to include players they don't control (i.e.-non-Premiership players). Any British or EU lawyers on-line?

8. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Selecting only from the Premiership players makes for some limited choices. I'm afraid that by the end of the competition we'll all have the same line-ups.

9. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Ha Ha Ha Suckers! After my disappointing near-last-place finish in this season's fantasy league I have suckered you all in! You will all bow down before the U.F.F.D.A. Gods!

10. Jux

Jux New Member

No worries Jeremy! When it comes to fantasy sports, no one can curse their picks like I do. Heck, my mojo can even shut down the likes of Henry :big grin: