World Cup 2022

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryWhite, Jun 13, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I would prefer to get the 2026 WC, and let someone else host 2022 if it gets yanked. The UK deserved to get the 2018 tourney and they could easily host. Australia I would imagine could put on a very successful WC as well.

Closer to home, is the Copa in 2016 actually gone to be played here?

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Good points, and yes, Copa America is scheduled to be in the U.S. for the centennial celebration. That will be an @$$ kicker of a tournament...if the FIFA scandal doesn't bring it down.

4. emiusaberbo

emiusaberbo Member

I would be very happy and proud for the U.S to host the FIFA World Cup in 2022.

5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Pulled this 6 year old thread out of mothballs to say that Mitrovic scored twice tonight vs. Ireland in World Cup 2022 qualifying. It is just about impossible to find highlights of it, but if we're lucky this sketchy source won't be blocked by YouTube:

SoCalJoe likes this.
  6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Here’s another link to the two against Ireland...

...and the one against the Ronaldos.

If he really was in some sort of funk before the break, it’s fair to say he’s out of it, correct? And if he’s out of it, how does he not start for our goal starved club upon resumption of league play? Only one reason I can think of: his particular skill set doesn’t work as well in Scott’s system. And I don’t think Scott’s system generates enough scoring chances, certainly not enough quality scoring chances, chances of the type that suit Mitro’s scoring strengths. Crosses that give him a chance to win a header in the air, or low ones that he can attack with his feet.

encorespanish and MicahMan like this.