World Cup 06 Finals... France vs Italy

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Theoldguy, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

RE: Re: RE: World Cup 06 Finals... France vs Italy

From my friend from Paris, and please remember his written English is a whole lot better than my spoken French....

Zidane...oumf...it was is last football game as he decided to retire after the world cup, and it is really a bad ending. For sure he deserve the red card for what he did (no one even in France can say it in a different way), dont know what the italian player said but someone who played in italy during several years and who speaks italian said that it should be about zidanes familly (and of course it was not nice word). Donc know if you saw the full scene, but we saw it on france television, so the italian players was defending on zidane, then as france lost the ball zidane start to go away and then the italian players said something to him, and zidane stop then came back to him and did the wrong thing. In my opinion it didnt change a lot for the rest of the game, but zidane gave us so many nice things during this WC, that ending like that i am so disappointed and sad for him.

So for the penalty, the guy who missed (david trezeguet) is one of the best scorer in italian championship and he plays in the same club than the italian goalkeeper (juventus de turin), so he is a very good player but he missed it. Then a penalty session like that, he is so strange and difficult when you loose it.

Whatever of course, we should be happy about their championship (even if the day after the lost finals, you dont think about that). So now, we have to wait 4 more years to watch a world cup game.

And after their congratulations, today the final statement of italian league trial will be decided, as four of the most important club can be relegated to inferior league because they did some bad things (cant find the right word). They "choose" their referee for some (european and italian) games using money and other things.

2. krhimself

krhimself New Member

RE: Re: RE: World Cup 06 Finals... France vs Italy

This final will most likely be remembered for the Zidane incident, which is really a shame. I almost hope he reconsiders his retirement because that wasn't exactly the last image I wanted to see of him on the pitch.