Winds of change wafting through...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Feb 14, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I cant stand it any longer, have to say this!

The events, and the timeline of those events and statements, in the January window point to the likelihood of BIG changes at Fulham over the summer.

In attaining my geezerhood while observing all sorts of sports and business maneuvers, my wetted finger stuck into the slightest breeze has gotten pretty dam_ sensitive.

One thing I am pretty darn sure of, while minor, is that McBride will head back to the states and i posted the same, to hoots, on the Crew MB.
    I really believe he might actually return to Columbus even though they gave up his rights. If not, then the Fire.

The ONLY thing that will keep him in England would be assurance that he will play regularly in a formation that can use him. On whatever team.
    - - - - --
    But that's all side-fodder. If CC cant straighten things out... not just in the terms of "unbeaten", there will be a major re-org.

Whether players or management.

2. pettyfog

RE: I cant stand it....

UPDATE:
    The article in the Sunday Times (ht: SmilleyJG) bears out what I am thinking, as it chronicles MAF's micro management of Harrods
    Fired by Fayed
    So what may be seen by some as fair results by Fulham, may be looked at in an altogether different light by Mr Al Fayed.

I have been around a while and on the fringes of top Ivy League Old Boy management and I know that sort of leadership:

It allows full rein until results dont meet expectations, then gets tighter and tighter.

And, as I said, that jibes with the events and statements made during the window.
    Not to mention the changes, for the worse, in Cookie's temper and demeanor.

3. AlphaQ3

AlphaQ3 New Member

I don't know. True, Fulham have had a rough season. Coleman's been doing a decent job though. He's lost three experienced defenders to injury, influential Captain Lee Clark has been out until recently, Jensen has also been plaugued with injury, hardworking midfielders like Sean Davis, Ina, and Marting Dejetou left and Saha wasn't around for any part of this season. The team has changed this year. The inclusion of Mark Pembridge, a player who barely played last year, into the starting lineup should say enough about the first half of the season.
    Coleman's had a tough time with the rumours of Boa Morte, Van der Sar and Malbranque leaving, but they're all still here. The example about Harrods is interesting but I don't think that MAF is looking at Fulham under the same light. They will be one of the few teams to make a profit this year. Let's see what happens in the summer.

4. pettyfog

*ahem*

Refer back to the meat of the article, where directors were sacked though they improved, yet still did not meet expectations.

After the Bolton match, it cannot have gotten better..

5. pettyfog

Update:

Note the bizarre statements in CC's interviews.

Anyone who has followed sports for a while knows these are sure signs of managerial stress... u8sually exerted fromn the front office.

6. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Re: RE: I cant stand it....

What exactly did he say that is "bizarre"?

As far as being stressed - there would be something wrong with him if he wasn't.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: I cant stand it....

TRUE THAT! 8)