Wighat v. Whites [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Bradical

Bradical Member

Really, start a new thread with this and leave it out of the match thread - you can title it "Rush just said the icecaps are growing back, proving 99% of climatologists wrong..."

2. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Its about as relevant as the other side discussions here, especially since I was responding to Don's comment. Have a beer & calm down, it was meant in fun.

On a side note, I haven't listened to Rush since I was a teen. No reason to start listening 20 years later, but thanks for the suggestion.

3. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

In England, 35 degrees and 3 inches of snow is the end of the world.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Wigan has always been the place from which you could see the end of the world.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Or if present there, you think the world has already ended.

:banana:

6. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Any chance of Barnesy or Dacourt getting a chance to start this match?

Erik the Conqueror most certainly should be in the starting XI. The partnership with AJ looked threatening in almost every build up. Hoping it carries over.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

If the match is postponed I hope it's before our fans start traveling up there. A draw on the road is never a bad thing, but a win against a team right above us would be a thing of beauty (no matter how ugly the match).

If you put my feet to the fire and told me that the lads could only win one of the next 2 away fixtures I'd take the Swansea match on the 14th.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Enough silly humor on this thread -- Don gets to shave his beard.

2-0 Whites.

Remember, you heard it here first.

9. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

If the Canes can go into San Jose, and beat the Sharks, then the good karma can carry over to the Fulham to break the spell. 2-0, I like the sound of that.

10. nevzter

Corky, "puppy" in California parlance means non-descript "noun.". No PETA offense was implied by my post...and I love dogs.

1-1. But, a win gets me a shave (straight razor by a barber nonetheless) so WIN!!!

COYW!!

11. nevzter

Carolina, the 'Canes win v SJ was a fluke. FFC's victory won't be a result of good fortune! But if so, its 3 all the same...

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

We have lineups, so looks like we're on. Dacourt on the bench, but no Barnes. This is start #50 for Clint at FFC.

Line-ups:
    Wigan: Kirkland, Melchiot, Scharner, Bramble, Figueroa, Valencia, Brown, Cattermole, N'Zogbia, Mido, Rodallega. Subs: Pollitt, Edman, Watson, Koumas, Zaki, Boyce, De Ridder.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hangeland, Hughes, Konchesky, Davies, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey, Johnson, Zamora. Subs: Zuberbuhler, Nevland, Gera, Dacourt, Gray, Stoor, Kallio.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Oh, please: A shocker from Bramble!

Cross from Demps.. deflection OG from Titus!

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fog, nice to see you up and about; hope you make it to the chatroom.

Matt, you scooped me on the lineups. Here I sit with my clipboard full and nobody to scoop!

COYW, ladies and germs!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and the beard stays in place. On today's form, it might go with me to my grave.

Against a totally toothless Wigan attack -- they couldn't put two passes together in our end -- we couldn't score. There were two very good saves on shots by Zamora from Kirkland, but there's no excuse for missing a header from 8 feet when you're unmarked.

Olivier Dacourt came on for the injured Dickson Etuhu at 44 minutes, and while I'm seriously concerned that Etuhu's recovery from injury might be in danger, the Frenchman looked very good indeed. He helped out the defense and made some nice telling passes into the attacking half. I don't know how match fit he is, but he looked good in his 46 minutes.

The only player who consistently drew my attention today was Aaron Hughes. How lucky we are to have him and Hangeland together. Roy, please tell Dempsey to stop playing "catch" with Konchesky.

Oh, WTF; it's a point, and that's good considering all the teams that dropped three points who are below us. And it was a nice international crowd in the chatroom.

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Given our record at Wigan, I'm pleased to take the point today. Would love to see us break the drought of goals (and wins) on the road, but compared to this time last year, it seems silly to complain.

Glad to hear Dacourt looked good.

17. jmh

jmh New Member

One point on the road is better than no points on the road.

18. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

As my English buddy says, "Win at home, draw on the road is a good formula for success." As I type this I'm looking at the picture of me and my boys taking turns hoisting the Stanley Cup! Hope you get to do that sometime, Nevzter.

19. nevzter

D'oh.

I take it from the above posts that FFC didn't look too sharp? At least it's a point.

20. Bradical

Bradical Member

I'll take the point. I was really happy to see the possession stats so hugely in favor of Fulham.

I spent the morning wathcing the Villa-Rovers match... When Villa won to make it SEVEN STRAIGHT ROAD WINS for the Villans, I ate my hat. How about one in a row Whites, starting w/ Swansea?