Who gets relegated next year?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SteveM19, Jun 10, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

It's never too early to start a thread like this. OK, actually, it IS too early, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I say the Orange One gets it at Hull-- they were lucky as hell not to get relegated last year and I don't think that happens again. Wigan and Stoke get the other two. All three new boys stay up for the first time since we were promoted.

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

If Wigan sign Martinez and can minimize the rumored exodus of players, I don't think they'll have much dropoff. Martinez' teams played some very good football at Swans. The question will be if Wigan can play that style and still defend (unlike WBA).

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm going to wait until SOMEBODY actually transfers someone in or out.

Having said that, I think that the positive of Martinez coming in is nowhere near the negative of Bruce leaving Wigan. Ask Birmingham City's board.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Off topic in my own thread -- Newcastle is, well, words canot describe Newcastle right now. I didn't want to post this in the Toon relegation thread as that horse is already dead, but I think they may get relegated again next year. Selling everyone? How did Ashley get rich in the first place? There's no way he was smart enough to do it -- I refuse to believe that. Every decision he has made at Newcastle has been unbelievable.

5. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

A lot depends on the transfer market, but...I think Stoke were lucky not to finish 20th. They got unsustainable (IMO) production out of Ricardo Fuller and James Beattie, and if those two can't repeat (I don't think they will), I don't know where the goals will come from. They need too much help in too many places to be competitive without relying on pure luck.

But if they somehow stay up again, Tony Pulis is a genius.