Which EPL Teams Have The Worst Hooligans?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BC, Mar 6, 2007.

1. BC

BC New Member

I happened to run across a section on the BBC website about hooliganism and piqued my curiosity as to which EPL clubs had the worst hooligans. I know teams like West Ham and Millwall have a reputation. By contrast, Fulham seem to be pretty low on the hooliganism scale. Any thoughts/comments?

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi BC,

Everton fans can be unplesent and Pompy fans have a poor reputation. All the big clubs have a very small group of hard core hooligans. However, on the whole, if you want trouble you have to go and look for it. The clubs have made it a lot harder to be a yob in the ground. Policing in and around the ground is high profile and will stop trouble quicky. There was a good documentary about it a year or so ago which basically showed the hooligans arranged a venue, met, fought and then went home - they did not even go onto the match.

The last hooligan behaviour that I can remember was the pitch invasion at Craven Cottage by Fulham fans against Chelsea.

Outside the EPL look no further than Stoke City and Cardiff.