Where was the most obscure you've seen/met a Fulham Fan?

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Nov 22, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Have you ever run into a Fulham fan while on vacation, watching them at a pub or seen on in the stranges of places??

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Where was the most obscure you

One wierd meeting I had was while I was working in NYC and walking through Times square in my Fulham coat, a 40-something guy jumps on my back and says FULHAM! We fell to the ground and his wife and two kids were so embarassed I think they kept walking.

None-the-less, we had a quick beer and a chat about FFC.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

RE: Where was the most obscure you

Probably when I ran into Mike at the Putney Bridge tube stop. Completely random, I was over in Fulham to pick up my ticket for the Reading match and a Fulham scarf for my brother. Out of no where walks up Mike. Never met him before, but recognized him from his picture online.

Ran into a few other Fulham fans at the Golden Lion from America. They had no idea there was a website for Fulham fans in America, so I passed along the good news of FUSA.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

This is easy, since its happened once. Went to Del Mar Racetrack just north of San Diego (beautiful track. literally next to the ocean). Since I go to the races once every 5 years or so and could as easily read a racing form as Mandarin (can't do either) it's an excuse to drink beer and put a couple bucks on a name I like. Anywho, there was a free concert after, so the last race we went to the rail. Standing next to a English guy wearing a ManU hat and I mentioned something and his wife said she was a Fulham fan. Nice couple and they were impressed that a yank actually could talk about the premiership a little bit.

5. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Had my scarf on in a Deli down the block from me on Broadway, and this English guy comes up to me . . "Are . . Are you a Fulham supporter?" and I said "Yes." and he proceeds to tell me how he was a season ticket holder during his childhood, how his father took him to games, the whole bit.

Very unexpected!

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm still waiting to meet a Fulham fan on accident.

7. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Nope, not yet..... only people telling me how wonderful ManUre is (aka the ManUtd epidemic i posted on a few days or so ago.....)

8. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Never, although I wear my scarf everywhere I go, even to work, in hopes that someday, somewhere I will meet a Fulham supporter. I just hope shes hot and blonde. But at this point I'll take short and bald.

I've even been to the Globe in Chicago numerous times to watch the whites and still, nobody, plenty of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Ch***ea supporter for some reason...

9. EricD

EricD New Member

Bearzfan - you may have to change your avatar to Beauty or the Beast based on what you want in an FFC supporter - hot blonde or short baldy.