When was your first game?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by james2, Aug 27, 2005.

1. james2

james2 New Member

I first went to Fulham when i was 7, back in 1992. We played Hereford United in Division 3, and drew 1-1. I still remember Jimmy Hill waving to the fans as he crossed the pitch, lol

i followed Tottenham up to that point (young and stupid, heh), but after experiencing the atmosphere of the Cottage, iw as hooked and went back for the next home game against Carlisle United, where we drew 0-0.

I missed the next home game, against Exeter City (we won 4-0 lol) but attended the game after that (can't remember against who though) where we drew... 1-1 :p so missed the drubbing of Exeter, but Fulham was in my blood from that day and i wouldn't let it go.

I'm getting a scanner very soon, so i'll find out the programme and post a few piccies up from it.

when was your first FFC experience?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A Sunday, January 2003.

Loftus Road, Fulham V. Middlesbrough.

Fulham 1 - Boro 0 Davis with the goal on a cold wet night.

I was with 5 friends and we had a blast...we all thought Davis, Marlet and Brevett were standouts. I look back at that now, how fulhamish!?

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

My first live game was this past season on March 5th at the Cottage against Charlton. It was a 0-0 draw, but it was an experience I will never, ever forget.

The Fulham family treated myself, my brother, American Mike and Joe like family all weekend long! It was great! I can't wait to get back there.

4. james2

james2 New Member

nice one. i haven't been to a home game for nearly 3 1/2 years now, maninly because of where i live and work etc (oh- and no money lol)

i want to go down one day, perhaps on a friday, stay in a hotel, watch the game on the saturday, go back to the hotel on saturday night and then travel home sunday. until then i'll have to make do with making up the away numbers at Boro and Newcastle :D

5. nowayjeff

nowayjeff New Member

First game for me was March 26, 1996, at the Cottage against Leyton Orient. Division Three. Fulham have been with me ever since.

6. andyns

andyns New Member

Last April, 2-0 win over Everton, secured our place in the Premiership for this season.

7. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

My most memorable game was 1982/3 against Lincoln, where we gained promotion to the then 2nd Division (last game of the season). They needed a win against us to get promotion. We needed a draw and got it. Very tense last 10 minutes. Everyone was on the pitch after the game. I think we were allowed to dig it up because they were putting in a new field for the next season. We had a patch of Fulham grass in our lawn after that!!!

8. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

1-0 win against Nottingham Forest. Saha dribbled through about 6 people and knocked it between the keepers legs.

9. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

double post sorry

10. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I'm not ashamed to say I had a season ticket way back in 1968, I cant remeber who was my first Fulham game, but my dad took me to a Chelsea v Aston Villa match in 1967 for my 10th Birthday. Living in Fulham you either went to Fulham one saturday and Chelsea the following saturday. between the police and clubs both decided they would be at home altenate saturday's if anyone has ever wondered.
    Going to the FA Cup final against West ham in 1975 was my most memorable just a shame about the result.

COYW's

11. FULHAM_LEGEND

FULHAM_LEGEND New Member

Leyton orient @ home on the 14th December, was a good game shame the ref added about 24 minutes injury time on so they could pull the game back to 1.1.