What's your hobby?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BarryP, Apr 16, 2010.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I have been trying to merge both of mine:

[​IMG]

Click on the picture and let me know what you think. I am still trying to learn my camera and am just barely tinkering with editing the photos but I am having fun snapping photo after photo. Gotta love the delete button on digital cameras.

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

RE: What

What kind of camera do you have? I have a simple point-and-click, but hopefully will be upgrading to a DSLR and get more into photography.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

That's a good thing!

Several years ago I found picasa did excellent job of editing.. especially for fixing 'bad light' and color balance
    Thing I DONT like about it is you have to configure storage/search parameters or it catalogues every freaking image you download. ..

[​IMG]

Check outXnView for a great tool for review, simple edit and sort and batch renaming. not obtrusive and you can install it on a memory fob along with your photos
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Added:

Speaking of the camera delete button, a BETTER method is to use PC based editing, Like XnView, to review and sort and an extra camera chip or two. Prevents big 'oops' on delete

You can batch select {cntl-click} the 'unwanted' pix and move them into a pending delete/outake folder on a pc.
    Even more better, you can move pics you want developed TO a kiosk-compatible chip or back to the camera.
    INCLUDING those you got somewhere else.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Nice Barry. I've kind of wanted to do the same thing but havent yet. Dont have an SLR (other than my old 35mm); action photos are impossible without one. Photography was a big hobby of mine in my teens and early twenties, but since the technology has gone digital, I've had trouble getting back into it. Do indeed appreciate the delete button sometimes, but printing photos was always my favorite part and that is completely different now.

Those girls look big for U10s. Way bigger than my boy's U10 team. Also, you caught someone in the act of an illegal throw-in.

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Re: RE: What

I have a Nikon D40 DSLR. In terms of digital cameras it is an old model (2006) with very few bells and whistles but that is what I was looking for. Very low entry cost is the upside which allowed me to buy a decent autofocus telephoto lens on my budget. After tinkering with it for only a couple of months I am starting to get some decent pictures.

Funny you should mention how big they look. In a match last weekend I was commenting about how big a girl on the opposing team was until my daughter swithed sides of the field moments later to mark her on a throw in and was taller than than the girl I had just made the comment about. :oops: Most of the pictures in the slideshow are of Katie and she is typically one of the taller girls on the pitch in any given match so that may be skewing perception a bit. Katie's teammates tend to be slightly taller than the other teams on average but not always.

I thought the throw was illegal too until I looked at all the pictures in the sequence and realized the ball was going backward over her head and not forward for the throw.

6. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Nice work. Must have broke the bank on that goalie shirt.