What will come of FUSA???

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Team_of_McBrides, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Fulham is now a staggering 6 points adrift of safety and I use the word staggering because it is roughly a third of the points Fulham has amassed the entire season.

Odds are not in favor of Fulham staying up, but there is still hope. Even if that hope is dwindling with every passing fixture.

So what is to come of FUSA? Will yanks still support the Whites if they are in the Coca Cola Championship? If so, how many will honestly stick with Fulham through the relegation woes? Players will leave Fulham like it is a garage sale. The likes of Dempsey, Niemi, McBride, Keller, Konchesky and even Bullard may leave for a variety of reasons. It would be a shadow of the side we see today. Americans as a whole love a winner and as Don has made mention in previous articles and posts, outside of the top six clubs in England every club will face the drop sooner or later. Fulham's time may come sooner than expected.

Will you stick by Fulham's side? Will many post on FUSA or will only a handful stay active on the site? Many questions and few answers.

Thoughts...

2. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Of course, because it is the only way to get news and be connected to the club, since there will be slim to none television coverage.

The only difference is the first annual fulhamusa fan convention will take place so that everyone can at least see one Fulham match next season.

I'm saving up already!!!

3. Team_of_McBrides

Television coverage is a big deal to most supporters. Simple press clippings or radio broadcasts won't be enough to quench the appetite of most fans. Setanta shows a CCC fixture from time to time, but not on a regular basis.

At least tickets to Fulham matches will be cheaper. No more paying 35 quid for one seat...

4. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Yeah but I bet the plane tickets to London will cost the same...

5. Team_of_McBrides

Touche...

Hope the dollar rebounds, because the exchange rate was terrible while I was abroad. I believe it was going $2.04 for one quid. Brutal...

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Hopefully I'll get to a game next year. Don't care if it's Fulham versus Swansea City.

If we go down, I think Fulham won't come back up next year and will be stuck in the lower leagues for awhile. Will take more effort from ownership to get Fulham up again and to stay up. The club is too small to do it on its own.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hey, I am a big boy, I knew what the deal was when I jumped on board. I realize that many will leave though, sad to say.

In addition to the names you list, Volzy, and possibly Boca, Hangeland and Andreasen (sadly) will all jump ship. On the positive side, Chris Baird will be playing at the level wher ehe is best suited.

I just feel sad more than anyhting else, on one hand Fulham is certainly small enough a club to where it probably would have happened sooner or later, but with some smarter buys and coaching decisions (we better have 2 strikers the rest of the way out, what have we got to lose) it could have been avoided.

Also, if we do indeed go down, it's not like the other clubs in the championship don't have fans on this side of the pond. A lot of the larger sides on the CCC have fan sites like this one; I sent an email to a guy who runs an Ipswich Town blog, and he said sure it's harder to follow them on this side of the pond, but if you are a fan, you can do it, He mentioned some ways that he follows IT, and with the recent bumps on the FAQ thread, I am sure that more info would be posted on this site if it indeed comes to that.

I will say that it is a different experience for an American fan because in our leagues we don't have relegation. When the Pittsburgh Steelers went 6-10 in 2003, I didn't worry about if I could see them next year.

The thing I am more worried about is how difficult will it be to come back up, besides the obvious answer of yes, it will be very hard, look at Sheffield United, or Watford who can't stay up in the top two, or even Nottingham Forest who can't get out of League 1. Hopefully it will be a moot point.

Let's get three tomorrow -- COYW

8. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

RE: Re: What will come of FUSA???

Well said Steve, couldn't agree more.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Thanks, every so often I have it in me

10. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

FUSA will be fine. There are plenty of masochists, like myself, out there.

However, it has been a bit of a downer lately. I can hardly bear to read the message boards now. I need some good vibes...

Can we revive the "Dancing Banana" thread ;)?

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I'll do better than that

CHELSKI SUCKS!! :3d laughing: :3d laughing: :3d laughing:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm on hold waiting to talk to a representative, I can waste all the time I want

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

FulhamTV, Sopcast, Gentleman Jim.

That's all I need.

I'm Fulham till I die, whether it's Premiership, Championship, or even on down to the Conference.

COYWs!

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I have the feeling we'll get a little more creative, here.

Likke they say in Brooklyn, 'dohnwurryahboudit'!

14. BarryP

BarryP New Member

On the upside, Gentleman Jim does call a good match.

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I will stick around since I am probably the one to blame anyway . . . for that time I forgot to wear my FUSA shirt.

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Interesting topic. Of course I will stay on board and I will still write match previews, reviews, editorials, etc. It will be harder not being able to watch matches, but we will manage.

I have not seen many Sopcasts available for Championship matches. Thus, it will be tough to watch them.

As for who will stick around in terms of fans, that will be interesting. Those who have posted in this thread obviously will not stop supporting the team but I am sure there are many that will stop. Those people would never post that, but I would venture to guess 20-30% of the current Fulham supporters will stop supporting the team because of relegation.

17. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

To be honest, I think most of the light hearts have probably skipped town by now.

I will just get the year sub to GJ and listen to every game and try to get something on Sopcast when I can. Even though McBride brought me to Fulham, I will be around even after he is gone. I love the spirit of the fans, and I've had a blast this season here on FUSA.

Looking forward to maybe a FUSA day at the Crew again this season.

Up the Banana!

:banana:

18. Team_of_McBrides

I think the "regulars" will hold tight to Fulham. As Tom noted there will be a drop off, but that's to be expected. No one ever said it would be easy supporting Fulham. We're in for a scrap the rest of the season and I wouldn't have it any other way. Fight till the end.

Bearz, Terri, Tom, Nev, QD, Lyle, Steve, Barry and Clevelandmo... keep up the good work. FUSA will make it through.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Aha!! :twisted:

See, 'fog; it's NOT you, so show up in the damn chatroom already!

I'm here forever. Neither FFC nor FulhamUSA.com will ever be rid of me. Wait a minute, perhaps I shouldn't have said that if I'm not trying to get folks to leave us.

FTID/COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just for you, terri, an all banana midfield [4-5-1 of course]!
    :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

20. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Maybe we should put a banana in goal so Niemi could slip off his line... :banana: