Weekend Wrap-Up

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SCFulhamFan, Sep 24, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Barclays Premier League

FT Swansea City 0 - 3 Everton
    22' 0 - 1 Victor Anichebe
    43' 0 - 2 Kevin Mirallas
    58' Nathan Dyer - 2nd Yellow to a Red
    82' 0 - 3 Marouane Fellaini

This match should have ended 0-6(7). Swans were kept in this match by Vorn. Yes Victor's goal was off a Fellaini hand ball, but karma from Newcastle catching up. Moyes has a strong side and once they get Jelavic back they will truly be a force. Hate to think they still have their 2nd half push in them on this sort of form. Dyer got his first yellow from arguing with the ref then when his next tackle was a certain yellow he was off. Not sure who pissed in Dyers Cheerios, but I hope I never see that behavior in a Fulham player ever. If Swans midfield and defense keep that up they will be in the bottom 5. As expressed in the chatroom I think Vorn keeps them up this year.

FT Chelsea 1 - 0 Stoke City
    85' Ashley Cole 1 - 0

Had this one on the TV while reading the chatroom and watching the Fulham match. From what I could tell Chelsea were still tired from midweek, but end the end it was a scrappy goal to separate them. Charlie Adam's yellow was terrible as he leaped after the Chelsea player and pushed him off the ball. Granted it was off the play ball, but stupid stupid yellow. Glad we didn't get him.

FT Southampton 4 - 1 Aston Villa
    36' 0 - 1 Darren Bent
    58' Rickie Lambert 1 - 1
    63' Nathaniel Clyne 2 - 1
    72' Ciaran Clark (og) 3 - 1
    90' +5' Rickie Lambert (pen) 4 - 1

Didn't get to watch any of this, but good to see Southampton get some points. Very skeptical of Villa this year and can see them in a relagation battle.

FT - West Bromwich Albion 1 - 0 Reading
    71' Romelu Lukaku 1 - 0

Another I misseded but good to see Lukaku getting the start and netting. The only reason he is at WBA is for matches so good to see it is working out for him.

FT - West Ham United 1 - 1 Sunderland
    9' 0 - 1 Steven Fletcher
    90' +3' Kevin Nolan 1 - 1
    Fletcher is slowly earning back his super high price tag with netting again. Nolan came to Spam's rescue once again. Best out come would have been the ground swallowed both sides into the abyss, but I will try and keep personal feelings at bay. :twisted:

FT - Wigan Athletic 1 - 2 Fulham
    31' 0 - 1 Hugo Rodallega
    68' 0 - 2 Damien Duff
    90' +1' Arouna Koné 1 - 2

Not going to beat a dead horse on this only re-iterate we can't get into our hold habits of turlting up then giving away points late.

FT - Liverpool 1 - 2 Manchester United
    39' Jonjo Shelvey - Red Carded
    46' Steven Gerrard 1 - 0
    51' 1 - 1 Rafael
    81' 1 - 2 Robin Van Persie (pen)

Liverpool looked really good even after, in my opinion, a just red card. Rafael got lucky and scored a wonder goal from a very tough angle. The PK was a dive for sure and there could have been reds galore issued to Utd, but they got lucky. If Liverpool keep up the pace the points will start coming. Though I am enjoying seeing them in the drop zone now.

FT - Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich City
    19' Demba Ba 1 - 0
    45' +1' Papiss Demba Cisse (pen miss)

The through pass to Ba was perfect and Ba is class enough to put it home every time. Very talented side that I will happy to take any sort of points from.

FT - Manchester City 1 - 1 Arsenal
    40' Joleon Lescott 1 - 0
    82' 1 - 1 Laurent Koscielny

Tale of two set plays. Both City and the Gooners had horrific wasted chances, but both sides looked beatable when it came to their back lines.

FT - Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Queens Park Rangers
    32' 0 - 1 Bobby Zamora
    59' Alejandro Damian Faurlin (og) 1 - 1
    61' Jermain Defoe 2 - 1
    Bobby Z put in a nice through ball. Dembele was blamed for letting it through but in my opinion the Spurs back line switched off and Dembele shouldn't have to be making that tackle anyways. Faulin gave up a cheap goal by turning the ball past Cesar. Defore put in a unlucky rebound from a good initial stop from Cesar. The look on Hughes' face was enough to make my weekend complete. Yet another late loss to QPR. Their defense is still bad but now with Cesar in goal they should be gobbling up points while be it probably draws.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:clap: Good stuff SC.

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

:text-+1:

I'm really surprised Michel Vorm is still at Liberty Stadium. I've watched him since Swans earned promotion last season and have been nothing but impressed. One of the big sides will scoop him up eventually. ManUre would seem the most likely destination, as their keeper situation is unsettled at best. All the other contenders seem to be set there, unless an injury forces their hand.