WC: All but US matches

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jun 12, 2010.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Ditto.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Oh, and I would be remiss if I did not state,.....

"Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles,...!!!"

3. sullytex

sullytex Member

Should be 2 nil at half. The guys from Brazil just have absolutely sick skills and vision. Robinho's goal was a prime example of that. Dutch need to steal a goal early, and then this one might go off.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

SHould be Could be Would be... Ned draws even 1-1.

Sick skillz... like circus acts dont always translate.

No sooner typed than... NED 2-1 off a slcik hdr on corner

5. pettyfog

NED 2-1 BRA

heh..

That's why they play the games

6. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I love the way some right the Dutch off, this games about 90 minutes not 45 or even before it starts..GO ORANGE!!!!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Go Orange and scrub yourselves clean from the slime. Between the diving [Robben], the constant fouling [von Bommel], and the repeated attempts to get opponents sent off [von Bommel] after a teammate's dive [Robben], I'm sick of anything in that color.

First Eusebio had to hang his head in shame for what happened to football in Portugal, then Pele for what Brazil has come to. Now it's time for Cruyff to hang his head in shame. Where's total football? Has it been replaced by chubby bald-headed swan divers?

bah humbug!

8. sullytex

sullytex Member

Ask and thou shall recieve. I think it was Melo with the red (an the og). What an idiot. Brazil looked lost after that. It was the Dutch who were doing the majority of the hard fouling. Great second goal by the Dutch, perfectly executed from the corner, the touch on, and the goal. They actually should have had one or two more after Brazil went down to 10 men if it were not for some amazingly stupid decisions in the Brazilian box. Hate to be in Rio right about now. All in all, not nearly as pleasing to the eye as the 1994 match. .

9. Martin-in-Nashville

GO ORANGE BABY!!!!

10. pettyfog

Somehow I got the feeling that the chix will come home to roost. Robben will either clean up his act for the rest of the cup or he'll get his.

But overall, I look at team play, rather than individuals.. and that's what did BRA in. Their collective ego was a hindrance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YouTube: Arjen Robben's 2nd Cousin, the actor

All that's missing is the double face-palm!

h/t: 'nonesuch' on BS

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I am with don. Bah humbug, I would usually root for the Dutch but not this bunch of wan£ers. Not that the Brazil team is much better in that regard.

12. Martin-in-Nashville

As bad as each other at times only other difference is Holland scored 2 Brazil scored 1

13. pettyfog

This is MUCH better

14. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

How Van Bommel got away without a card defies description. He may have gotten to double digits in fouls.

15. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The disgust w/the diving goes without saying (the Robben one where he's clutching his shin when he wasn't touched is an example my buddies who don't watch soccer point to as why they don't).

As for the match itself: The late CB replacement Oujer did a tremendous job considering the circumstances.

Felipe Melo: og and a red...not his best day at the office

Wesley Sneijder: Not just because he scored, but his influence on the pitch might make him the best player in the world at the moment (or at the very least in the conversation). He was the best player out there today and let's not forget he was the best player in the CL when Inter knocked out Barcelona.

16. pettyfog

Who's more annoying.... Alexi Lalas or Ruud Gullit?

17. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

It was funny listening to the play-by-play guy and Harkes describing Pantsil's pre-game routine (standing with both his arms out for about 20 seconds as he says a prayer or whatever he does).

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Go Pants, Go Ghana!!

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

That just may have been the smartest decision, and red card, by Suarez.

20. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Please let justice prevail....Here we go.