WC: All but US matches

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jun 12, 2010.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I got this in an email from RDG, who is truly an evil man --

David Blaine is reported to be seething, as his record of doing fuck-all in a box for 42 days has been beaten by Wayne Rooney.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Arjen Robben!

Can we see NED-ARG in the brackets?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

where's the "like button" on FUSA. Rudy is truly evil. Brilliant

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

That's Too funny!!!

5. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

England are changing their team shirts, they are replacing the 3 lions for 3 tampons, cos this is the worst period they've had for fucking years!

Rob Green has trained today and in 3
    hours he had 4,000 shots fired at him and did not concede a single goal.
    Tomorrow, he and Heskey will train with the rest of the squad.

Q: What’s the difference between OJ Simpson and the England football team?
    A: OJ Simpson had a more credible defence

Not everyone in England was gutted by that game.

I saw an old lady jumping up and down in the street swigging champagne
    from a bottle and blowing a vuvuzela.
    Say what you like about the Queen, she knows how to support her team.

The England squad are flying to Edinburgh
    Airport so they can get a hero's welcome!

Huge spike in sales of pink fairy tutus at Glastonbury
    Festival by blokes too embarrassed to wear their England shirt

Africans finally have the chance to tell the English to go back to their
    own fucking country!

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Capello would have picked Bobby Zamora for the World Cup if he had been fit

In the course of lamenting the lack of young talent available for selection, he had this to say:

So if Capello keeps his job, it seems like Zamora might get an England callup later this year. Of course, that's a big "if", but if Roy were to replace him, we know he also appreciates Zamora's contributions.

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Worst game of the tournament so far -- Japan - Paraguay. Three hours of my life, wasted.

Congrats to Paraguay, I guess they're not complaining.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The Paraguay-Japan game was not a thing of beauty. Ian Drake w/the line of the match as the central defender for Japan who was somehow chosen to take a PK 'He has 57 Caps and has not scored a single goal'...CLANK there goes Japan.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I really wish FIFA would review matches after games and ban players for the next game if they manage to play act and get another player a red card. It's completely unsportsmanlike and BS. And they can give players yellows for diving too.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Wow - after seeing a handful of Portugal matches this WC, I have to say: they have serious deficiencies (and they're 3rd in the world rankings?). It's like watching the U.S.* - critical defensive lapses and they have no striking capabilities (outside of playing North Korea or my pub team). Portugal are an overrated squad that deserve to go home. Adios, Ronaldo.

*edit: except they have Ronaldo

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Ha! Said the same exact thing to the guy I watched this match with. Towards the end of the match, you could have easily confused the garnet and green for the red, white, and blue.

BTW, Team Franek, minus the patriarch, head to Bay Area July 14th via SouthWest. The dawdling Franek takes the low road somewhere near the end of August, full U-Haul and car in tow.

Points of destination: San Antonio (or somewhere near there), SoCal (Joe), my well deserved wine from a certain somebody near San Jose'!

HEY, any FUSA members in the El Paso or Phoenix area??

12. RDG

RDG Member

Sorry, it's not my own; I just passed it on. I don't want to be known as the Milton Berle of FUSA.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't know, Rudy. He was famous for more than his comedy, you know.

14. pettyfog

Well, that depends on if being the first US celebrity regularly going on camera in drag is funny or not.

Also.. his tv show featured the first famous "Wardrobe Malfunction" in prime time.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think all of that would fall under the rubric of "comedy"

16. pettyfog

Oh.. wait! I was looking for the name of the Blonde bosomy actress whose strapless gown folded from the top and I found what Don was talking about.
    Interesting.

17. RDG

RDG Member

Actually, I was referring to Berle's reputation as a joke stealer, rather than as a cross-dresser.

18. pettyfog

Oh... OH!!!!

Well, dont feel bad. I stole Steve's 'Out of Africa' parody pic find and put it on BS without crediting him for finding it. Then I got three 'pos-reps' for posting it, made me feel really bad.

REASON being: it's cake for me to find something on here, aint it.

PS: Don wasnt referring to cross-dressing either. Modesty and good taste forbids me to point out the link I made to what he might have meant.
    -heh

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

In need for diversion? I give you...The Dutch. In all the years I've been following the international game no team has consistenty been egomaniacal idiots like the Orange. The coach this time has tried a different approach about the in-fighting...No denials, but an embrace of it. He has a closed door meeting w/the team then a press conference. To paraphrase; 'Yes, guys don't like each other'. 'It's a good thing not to be happy all the time'. "It's not important the players want to win for each other, but that they just want to win', etc. etc. Great stuff

One big problem (besides the egos) for them is...Brazil. After seeing Slovakia create numerous chances against Holland, I'm sure the Brazilians are licking their chops.

20. sullytex

sullytex Member

I went to the last quaterfinal match up between Brazil (Dunga, Romario, Bebeto) and the Netherlands (Overmars, Bergkamp) in Dallas in 1994. One of the best games I've ever seen live or on TV. Some beautiful goals with crazy back and forth action. With any luck, I hope its as entertaining as the last one. I don't think they are going to win, but I am pulling for the Dutch for some reason. Me thinks Brazil will be too much.