WC: All but US matches

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jun 12, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Chatroom?

If there's 4 ppl, incl me on here.. let's go to chatroom

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

couldn't get on; then I couldn't get onto the site at halftime -- until now, just before the whistle. I'll try after the match.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, next up is Algeria v. The Fine Upstanding Classy Gentlemen Who Wear the Three Lions -- Especially Frank "Isn't He Svelte" Lampard and Jamie "I've Never Seen a Central Defender With Such Agility and Pace" Carragher.

Is that better for you?

4. pettyfog

Eh... like I said in the US thread. I'm going for Engerland and not just for this match.

Against everyone else they come up against up until the time of the greatest US miracle since 50 and they meet US again.

wont happen but what the hell.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onward:

David James in goal today. Oh, please, dont do what looks like the karmic obvious..

I aint gonna say anything else... just come out on top.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

looks like Algeria's keeper has been benched too. they got a different one in there. Algeria look the better side so far to me...26th minute of play

6. pettyfog

Boy...that was a quick half, or maybe I'm distracted.

Come on England, Show us what we know you CAN do.

7. sullytex

sullytex Member

Algeria have shown won't be a push over. England looked flat for the first 30 and started to show some promise over the last 15 prior to half. They've got to be feeling a bit of pressure. Wonder if Capello makes any changes at half?

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Thanks England for laying that giant turd after we were hosed!

Dear lord, can they dock points for that performance?!?!

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

If I as not mistaken, we now control our own destiny. Win and in.

That was a horrible performance by England. I don't think I could rate a single player above a 5.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Wow...just wow. Although I kinda thought before the match it be perfect for this to be goal less draw. We need to beat Algeria and England needs to beat Slovenia if they want any chance of winning the group. It's not going to be easy, Algeria looked better than Slovenia did today.

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

@thefiver

England, worse than France, because at least the French weren't trying

YEP!

12. pettyfog

SWEEET KARMA for certain twats!

... for the BBC reader/punter, anyway
    606: America: A taste of their own medicine
    Let's note I dont have a CLUE to what "THEY" he is referring to, unless it's other clueless chain wankers that would post on the shit wad 606 ... where the refugees from real MB's go cause their club supporters cant stand their asses.

I am a BIG fan of 'My Name is Earl'. nuff said.

13. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

What a load of F*&%ing S*&t Capello you need to do something about this team and FAST, otherwise F.O back to Italy and coach Juva.

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Rereading my post it makes it sound if only England want to win the group they need the us to beat Algeria. What I meant was if the us and England want a chance of winning the group they both have to go out and win their games...which I think is great for our chances to get out of the group.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Evidently, some folks are allowed to criticize the Three Lions.

England and the USA control their own destiny. If we both win our next matches, we're in -- with us as #1 and England as #2. If both matches are drawn, we go through as #2 and England is out.

The Sun was wrong (imagine that) with their EASY headline. Slovenia got to South Africa on the backs of a stingy defense and a sense of purpose. Algeria had to defeat the three-time African champions to get into the tourney. Neither Algeria nor the United States is too impressed by England's reputation. I don't expect Slovenia to be either. Neither do I expect Algeria to be quivering in their boots at the prospect of playing us.

By the way. I have the third round matches as being played on Wednesday, June 23, but ESPN's banner had them for Tuesday, June 22. What's the truth?

16. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

IF You first sentence is referring to me HD then all I can say is you can say what you like about anyone and any country just dont lay personal insults by not using their real names.

17. pettyfog

Pantsil v Schwartzer

Hope Ghana v Socceroos aint as embarrassing as against Germany.. or as boring as Japan NED

Good grief, the 'Roos are snakebit. They went up 1-0, then they got lazy and let Ghana mess around in the box and a long very sharp strike hit Kewell in the upper arm. He didnt reach for it but was sent off anyway.
    PK good 1-1
    So the Roos are down to 10 again in the 29'

18. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Pantsil v Schwartzer

Well it does not appear the Ghana-Australia match is going to be boring.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

When things aren't going well (like halftime yesterday) I wonder if Capello's lack of English hurts. Frankly, the gaffer needed to "peel the paint" at the interval and try to light a fire (maybe yelling in Italian and using hand gestures might have helped). It looked as though the team watched film of Algeria-Slovenia and thought it would be easy.

Where is the edge? the fight? It first starts w/that, and then Capello has to make a couple of changes. What's it going to take for someone in charge to realize Gerrard/Lampard can't be on the pitch at the same time? Heskey couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat, yet he starts. Crouch in for the last 5 minutes? Did Joe Cole pee in Capello's corn flakes?

All that said they'll beat Slovenia...or heads will roll and Roy will be hired.

20. pettyfog

Ghana v 'roos end 1-1. Amazing effort by the roos. pantsil got bloodied in ET. Looked like nose.

Props to Mark, many good to great saves.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe, you know well as I do that a good team is more than the sum of its parts. That's the problem with ENG, I believe. The greater the ego collection the more likely they are to be LESS than sum.

It was all tipped this way when Capello couldnt get Hart, the freaking THIRD choice GK.. in England who have a grand total of 5 decent keepers.. to even start the ball as he asked.