Wayne Brown and Ismael Ehui

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Jacob, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I hear that he is doing very well with the reserves. As well as Ismael Ehui. Mike, you are closer to the action and the news I can get off the official is scant. How are they really playing? Are they close to breaking into the First team? It sounds like Ehui is the better of the two, but isn't Brown older?

Thoughts? :?:

2. Jacob

Jacob New Member

none?

3. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

give the great one time to respond 8)

4. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I'm pretty high on Wayne Brown (he's #3 on my top prospects list). Good passer, great eye for goal - he's scored 5 in 9 starts for this year. He just turned 19 a few months ago, so he still has plenty of time to get into the first team. I've only seen him play once this year, but came away very impressed - all other reports seem to indicate that he's the best midfielder in the squad. I think he could walk into any League 1 side right now, probably a bunch Championship sides as well. I'd like to see him go on loan for the rest of the year if he's not in Hodgson's plans for the first team, hopefully to a good Championship side.

Not sure about Ehui - he hasn't shown us much yet, but our depth at forward is horrible (with little improvement in sight) so he'll have plenty more opportunities to shine. I'm afraid he may have had his confidence shaken while being stuck as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 for some very bad teams before last year. He seems to be doing better now, and he certainly has the tools, so I still have hope for him.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I like the look of Ehui personally, but that is only because he has done really well when I've been there to see the reserve matches. Not sure about his pace but I'm not too sure he is ready to break into the team.

As for Wayne Brown, he looks to be one for the future no doubt and him going out on loan will tell us what he is really about. A good passer and some nice pace but I personally haven't seen enough of him.

6. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Lol, sorry guys I forget the pace and time difference of the different boards I post on. Thanks, that was really insightful. I hope Wayne can get on with a Championship team and really shine. I take that back, then they will want to buy him and we would probably sell. League 1 it is!

7. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

8. Jacob

Jacob New Member

wow Bullard really got in there to win that ball for the assist. I really hope he gets 20 min or so out at West spam.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

does anyone know when kuqi goes back? according to the offal he should be gone by now. if he is then ehui may be on the bench tomorrow.

healy is our only striker at the moment!