Wayne Bridge

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by RobertinVirginia, Apr 4, 2006.

1. RobertinVirginia

RobertinVirginia New Member

I went to the game on saturday and came away very disappointed having traveled all the way to London.

On Wayne Bridge I completely agree with Chicago Tom. This was the first time I had seen him play and was expecting to be impressed. While he undoubtably is a very good going forward, and can play some excellent passes, his defensive skills were not so impressive. Not only the mistake for the first goal but he nearly gave away another in the first half when as the last defender the ball came to his right foot and he clearly could not kick the ball, instead he swung his left foot at the ball sending it straight to Pompey player.

Worse his involvement seemed to disrupt the team in that the others players constantly passed the ball to him, and because he kept running up the left wing, he crowded out Boa Morte and was frequently out of position when Pompey got the ball. :? It was though the Fulham players were trying to help him impress the England manager. Perhaps this was just a one-off performance but on the evidence of saturday I would play Rosenior ahead of him.