Watford v. Fulham - FA CUP

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jan 6, 2005.

1. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

Shucks a draw at 1-1.

Upcoming matches are going to be tough as well.

I read that they will not transfer Boa Morte though. Hopefully they will be able to keep Malbranque, he needs to step it up and play like last season in my opinion.

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham needs a forward no not just one forward 2 forwards.YOU CANNOT HIT THE BAR 3 TIMES IN 1 MATCH AGAINST A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.This gives that team hope that they can win and now Fulham have to play 3 matches in a week.Cole and John need to finish chances.Where is Mcbride? Mcbride should get a chance to start.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Did you watch the match? When the balls hit the post the three times were they sitters? I know for a fact one of the three was from outside the box.
    I agree we should have beaten Watford, but to say we have no quality up front because we hit the post three times is not a true statement.
    Let's just hope that we can win the replay at the Cottage.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Its been like this all season. Come on now Cole cant even get past defenders anymore. John has a total of 2 goals all season.Mcbride dosent even have a league goal.Radz has been scoring and he was probably one of the worst forwards Fulham had at the beginning of the season.Fulham need a forward.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

While I will say that the play of the forwards has not been great at times, I think a big reason for that has been the lack of quality in the midfield. Besides Radzinski's goal last week against Southampton, I cannot remember a goal in whcih a midfielder set up a forward for a goal. I think Fulham needs some improvement in many areas, but we cannot go buy loads of players in January. We have to pick what we need most.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, if we beat Watford in the replay, we will play Derby County in the 4th round. Now, we just need to get by Watford.

7. Andrew

Andrew New Member

any date set for the replay yet?

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Wednesday January 19th at 1:45PM CST.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham have gone up 1-0 through Moritz Volz. Let's hope we can hold on for the win.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A nice, comfortable win for Fulham today 2-0 over Watford in the FA Cup. The only negative about the match was a stupid yellow card picked up by Bouba Diop. The yellow card will make him miss the Brum match this weekend.

In all though, a nice win. Confidence is building at the right time. We are unbeaten in 5!!!

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Not out this WE... there's processing time in FA, i gather!

But, by accounts, the form and play was less than tops... well, you gotta hope that they can improve but not lose the luck while doing it.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Really? He is not gonna miss this match? So he will miss the Derby match? I would rather see him in uniform against Brum anyways. That is good news.

From what I read and listened to, the match was rather dull and lacked quality on either side, but a win is a win. It is all about surviving and advancing in the FA Cup!

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

You know the old saying.. a footy fan is never happy for long..
    picture your team goes 19 straight without losing and ends up top of the table.

Would you be happy with that?

I thought so too.
    :)