Video of our best moments under Roy

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by IanHux, Apr 25, 2012.

1. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Hey all! It's been awhile, but I just came across this video. Brought back so many memories from the great escape and the Europa League run, especially since I started following Fulham during our great escape. Enjoy!

[vimeo]40997275[/vimeo]

Dancing bananas for some added flair:
    :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

2. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Thanks Ian for that gem. Goosbumps watching parts of it. Saved it via RealPlayer so I will have my own copy.

3. RDG

RDG Member

THANK YOU WOY!!!!!!!!!!

Notice how grey his hair is now?

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for posting Ian! Woy, what can you say. I miss him, I miss Gera. Nevland, what can you say. Digger Davies was brilliant. That relegation battle was what got me hooked. Fulham til I die after that. But Lordy lordy I hope we are never there again.

Another great thing about that vid is you can see Hans Backe's dumbfounded reaction as Fulham comes back v. Manshitty. Shows the same cluelessness he has as the NY amphetamine drinks manager. hee hee.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:banana-linedance: Great stuff. Thanks for posting Ian, hope your hitting the books and having a great time at UDub.

Only 2 things bothered me; those horrible all yellow 3rd kits (think it was an away win at Newcastle), and the fact we wore blue for the Final. Okay, throw in Athletico scuffing a shot into Forlan's path for the first and deflecting the winner in the 116th minute.

I know we get pissed off at players for either saying stupid things when they walk out the door like Jimmy Bullard or mope and force their way out like Bobby Zamora, rare is for players to exit like Nevland or McBride, but it's good to be reminded about how much joy they brought the fans and how much they contributed while wearing a white jersey.

6. tim

tim Active Member

What a video. What memories. Thanks for poasting.

Joe - I had completely forgotten about those yellow kits. I think I blocked them from my memory.

I still have vivid memories from the semifinal second leg. I had taken the day off to watch and was at my regular pub. Now here on the west coast, I'm typically in there very early for league matches, so I'm generally not drinking. But that day...after that win....the bartender asked if I wanted to close my tab. I said, You kidding? Fulham's in the final! I'll have another beer!

7. SteveFakeBlood

SteveFakeBlood Member

Broward County , FL (from DuPage County, IL)
    I'm late on finding this- but thanks a lot for posting, it brought back a lot of great memories. They got lost in bigger moments of that era, but I liked the inclusion of the goals from our 2-0 and 3-0 wins over Man U- at the respective times they happened, I figured those would be two of the most significant victories I saw as a Fulham supporter. I'm happy to say I was wrong. I've watched probably thousands of sporting events in my life, but of those, those probably only a couple dozen that I figure 10 years from now I'll still be able to remember exactly where I was and who I was with when they happened (and honestly, that number would be lower if it didn't include basically every game of the White Sox 2005 World Series run)- several of those Europa League games fit into that category.

~ Steve

8. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

I had forgotten just how important Gera was that season. what a great watch. thanks for posting

9. tim

tim Active Member

Stories have hit in the last couple days that Gera is finally healthy and ready to get into pre-season training. Of course a lot will depend on who WBA's new manager is, but certainly wish him a speedy return to the lineup.