USWNT Houston Jan 31st

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SullyTexan, Jan 18, 2020.

1. SullyTexan

SullyTexan Active Member

Anyone in Houston area going to this Olympic qualifying match versus Panama want to meet up before hand, let me know. Probably have a pint or two at 8th Wonder brewery prior to the match. My bro and I are taking our daughters.

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  2. SullyTexan

SullyTexan Active Member

Well this was somewhat enjoyable if you love lopsided victories. I went to grab a beer, 15 minutes later I get back to my seat and missed 4 goals. Literally. Did catch the other 4 in the second half. It was like watching a varsity team play the JV squad (or the freshman squad).

encorespanish, SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

This is often an issue for me watching the USWNT. I really enjoy watching them play but the level of competition (or lack there of) leaves a lot to be desired. I saw about 20 minutes at the end of the first half of last night's match (6-0 final score) and I don't think Costa Rica made more than five passes on the US side of the center line.

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Costa Rica essentially conceded the game and rested their best players for the semifinals not that it would have probably made a difference to the outcome.