USMNT vs. Costa Rica friendly

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Oct 12, 2015.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Is Tuesday night at energy drink arena. Klinsmann sent 8 home from the Mexico debacle, including Deuce, Besler, Beckerman, Bradley and Beasley. Called in 5, including a player from Bundesliga2, Andrew Wooten, a striker from SC Sandhausen. Could we see a Geoff Cameron-Tim Ream pairing at CB? I would like to think so. Kept Jozy and Zardes, brought in Mix, Brek Shea and Lee Nguyen. Gonna be interesting to see who DOESN'T get on the pitch, given there will probably be a liberal number of subs allowed. I expect to see a full court press after the listless effort in Pasadena. A high line and chaos creating marking would be a welcome sight after what we saw Saturday. What ever else happens, I just want our man Ream to get some much deserved love...and minutes.

2. jumpkutz

3. jumpkutz

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

The buck stops at the top and responsibility must be taken as 'the person in charge' - however, that's the beauty of being a manager, captain or someone in control, you can always dress down the subordinates...even after the case and the moment to demonstrate leadership has long since passed. In these situations cited in the article, it seems no leadership, or reinforcement for a particular decision, was given to Bedoya and Johnson. Inexcusable and I'm on the JK out bus. Which is ludicrous, I know, but still. A bit of venom in this corner, especially after the "pretty boy" comments. Own it, Klinsmann. You fuc#$@ up and have for a while. Be accountable and turn things around.

COYRWB

5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Klinsmann would do well to watch Greg Popovich. Anyone who has followed the Spurs has heard Pop say, "that's family business," countless times when asked about matters behind the curtain. JK's feelings about Johnson absolutely should have stayed in house.

6. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

Klinsmann is a self-serving goon. Any time we play poorly he blames players, or somehow twists it into some failure of the American soccer culture and fandom. The guy will do anything to pass the buck and whip out his patronizing grin.

...can you tell I don't like him?

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

COYRW&Bs! Just want to see the guys get back in gear. Will it happen tonight or a few months from now?:cool:

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It better happen less than a few months, hard to believe but WC qualifying starts next month. Home against St. Vincent, and a very difficult away match v T&T. A loss there and the call for JK's head will be so loud even Sunil Gulati can't pretend he didn't hear anymore.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I guess I failed in my potential replacement hint/joke. :( Agree with what you said Joe.

10. nevzter

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Will Klinsmann say, "Es tut mir leid," to FJ? Hmm.

Be interesting to watch this match. Costa Rica hasn't been playing well either since the World Cup and lost to South Africa at home on Thursday.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be at choir practice - no, not the Wambaugh type -- and so will have to check out the DVR when I get home. Looking forward to seeing some attacking football.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

My goodness this USMNT is awful. Williams is a turnover machine. Sloppy touches galore from almost everyone.

Ream was just about the only bright spot so far. I don't know how I can continue to watch this.

14. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Was flipping back & forth between baseball...but I quit flipping. What I did see from us wasn't worth watching.

nevzter and dcheather like this.
  15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It doesn't matter who is on the pitch if the idea is to give up possession and defend as deeply as possible. It's disgusting that JK's "tactics" were to give the match to Costa Rica. Here's a couple of things that have to happen:

1. Alvarado -- who isn't playing for his club team -- needs to stay the hell out of the USA squad until further notice.
    2. Altidore needs to sit until he shows some interest in playing for the USA as either a support striker, a main striker, or a withdrawn forward. Right now, he's doing absolutely nothing in any of those roles.
    3. Zardes should be sat down until the USMNT gets a manager who values quick attacking moves. Playing for JK is just going to ruin his game.
    4. Besler and Cameron have to be the CBs for the next 12 months.
    5. Williams -- despite his bad match tonight -- has to permanently replace Beckerman
    6. AJ and Woods should be our strike pair.
    7. Our default midfield should be Dempsey, Bradley, Jones/Williams, and Bedoya/Zardes/Diskerud.
    8. Yedlin needs to go back to RB.
    9. Ream should be our LB
    10. Klinsmann needs to get a new job -- as far away from the USMNT as possible.

I'se regusted.

encorespanish and nevzter like this.
  16. nevzter

I didn't watch the match. Had planned to view it on the dvr-machine with my boy when I arrived home, then he, in the most nonchalant manner, informed me that "the US is down 1-nil." He then continued to play with his legos. The US must have played as casual as my son's report on the match (as opposed to his emotional meltdown when Mexico won the other day). Back to Fulham and the 'Quakes...

And where does Fabian Johnson (who usually is quality aside from the Mexico match) fit in, HD?

SoCalJoe likes this.
  17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

FJ plays left midfield for Monchengladbach, then again he's so far in JK's doghouse the only position he'll play for awhile is left out :oops: