USMNT v T & T

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 8, 2009.

1. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

I'm with Andy. This is my first go-round of this, and I'm hooked. I'll watch the HON match on TV praying for a point. If we don't get one, I'll watch the CR match with knots in my stomach, praying even harder for a point.

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well Andy, the bad news is that it currently doesn't look like ANYONE is going to be able to see the Honduras match. Anyone that doesn't want to shell out $20+ at a pub, that is.

The attempted selling of the tv rights to this match make the azteca fiasco look good.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

All you have to do Timmy is change the channel to Telemundo or Galavision, they're gauranteed to have it. Cantor in Spanish is better than JP and Harkes in English.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I don't know if it'll even be on telemundo or galavasion after reading goff's soccer insider:

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, that should help the game grow nicely in the United States.

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Wait... What? Really?!? Even FSC didnt want it? Strange stuff - the numbers must have been total crap for the last few matches.

Is it going to be at a strange time or something?

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I think the last one was at 6:00PM Central, which was broadcasting hari-kari here and on the West Coast, and i would imagine many's supper time on the East.

8. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I don't think it was a matter of FSC not wanting it, as it was more the Honduras Soccer Federation selling the TV rights to a company that probably offered the most money.

And ESPN/FSC could purchase the US/English rights from this company, but it sounds like they are asking a far higher price than ESPN/FSC would want considering they will only make x-amount in ad revenue during the game, with that x-amount being less than the amount to purchase the game.

It all comes down to $$$.