USMNT v. Mexico, August 12th

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by nevzter, Jul 29, 2009.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I never thought I'd say this, but FFC24 has a clearer picture of the Davies/Feilhaber incident than any poster I've seen. We really DO have to get over the fact that calls go against us on the road, because they ALWAYS go against the road team -- unless the road team is Manchester United.

Mo, I've got timmyg saying I'm accusing him of hating America because he attacks Bradley Sr., and now you're attacking folks like me for not being riled up about a Mexico-USA game that was probably less heated than most of the other 15 or 16 I've seen? I love ya, Mo, but you have to step away from the angry juice.

3. EricD

EricD New Member

I agree with the way FFC24 described it, Torrado shoved him in the throat as opposed to grabbed him. Photographer caught that right at that moment. Could make good billboard material later. Castillo had no business pulling that crap though. I still back Benny for coming to the aid of a teammate being physically harrassed by the other team. I would have done the same or worse to Castillo. And yes, Benny tried to make a meal out of the throat hit, but maybe it hurt anyway. Try getting your throat pushed, and let me know how it feels especially when you do not know it is coming.

By the way, I am watching the match again, and I am getting sick. Someone please stop me.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I like mo's passion, ffc24's and everbody's - anger is an energy.
    Last thought, while I applaud feilhaber for deservedly sticking up for davies, if you're gonna go in, go in swinging - that wouldve been something to see...instead of flopping when touched about the throat.

5. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Nevzter...I love how you cleverly crafted PiL into this thread ;)!

Match was just what I expected; however, I would be lying if I said I wasn't furious watching it.

Just counting down the minutes until Pompey tomorrow...

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Geez, I read this forum three times without seeing the word about Donovan.

Forget football Landon, get well with a quickness.

7. EricD

EricD New Member

The good thing about LD is that he said that this flu does not feel that much different from other flus, so ideally he will be ok. For all I know, I had it 6 weeks ago. It worked me over pretty good for a couple of days.
    Get well LD, we have to play the Sounders Saturday.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Too bad we didn't have Reyna in a match like this (an in his prime Reyna). His passing ability would have helped us TONS and a player like Davies would benefit so much from having a guy like Reyna who can spring him free from the defence with perfect ball, particularly with Mexico only playing 3 at the back. It'll be interesting to see what happens in midfield now. I'm hoping Edu starts for Rangers adn can play well cuz I'd like to see him partnered with Bradley. I think Jones needs to be brought along slowly since he hasn't participated in any US camp and just needs to become familiar with the set up.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like Edu as Bradley's partner also, doggie, although I think that Feilhaber could replace either of them in a pinch.

Be careful about saying good things about Reyna, though. I've been chastised by both Pettyfog and ChicagoTom for singing his praises before.

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

did they not get in to football until after the 2002 World Cup?

11. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Wow - I go on a little vacation and I miss all the fun.

Perhaps realistic, perhaps sad... I expected a 2-1 or 1-0 loss here and I expected the stadium to be - ahem... Hostile. Not saying I am a prophet - just saying you would have to expect it.

Now that is out of the way - I was and am angry, and I cant wait till we go down there and hand those bastards a loss in their own modern day Sodom.

Because - dont you see? We win there and it is all over for Mexico. They are our Bitch. It is coming - it is the last thing they have to hold on to.

On a side note - I have many Mexican friends and players here... The feelings we are having are multiplied for them when Mexico comes to the US and gets beat over and over again - even when the Mexico supporters come out in force and outnumber the US supporters.

Imagine us putting together a caravan of 70,000 US supporters and taking over the Azteca only to watch the US lose 2-0.

They get that every time - hahahaha - its great if you think about it.

I hate F'ing Mexico.

12. EricD

EricD New Member

I see Edu as a defensive/holding midfielder like Bradley, so I am not sure how that would be a good pairing. I think it is a better combo than with Clark (any combo is better), but I just do not see the creativity aspect of the combo in the middle. I know it is obvious that I am a huge Benny fan, but he seems to be the attacking midfielder that we currently lack. Benny brings a different skill set that complements the defensive/holding capabilities of Bradley, Edu, Mastroeni, Clark, Beckerman and Jones (not enough exposure to him to know his role/projected role).

13. EricD

EricD New Member

Here is a video of Jermaine Jones. Looks good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMNjqyt9 ... re=related

Note, there is some language in lyrics in the event children are listening (Rage Against the Machine).

It can be a little redundant due to showing the same play from different camera angles.

14. EricD

EricD New Member

After watching the second half again, I noticed that the defense in the midfield did not suffer in any noticable way when Benny came in for Clark. Although Mexico scored the winning goal in the second half, it appeared to be a combo of fatigue, lucky bounce to Sabah and a good finish by him.

One other thing I noticed in this game was that Blanco had so much time and space that he never had to put on his dramatic shows. We usually get to see three or more of these during any Chicago Fire match.

I know this thread appears to be done, but I thought I would put a couple of final thoughts. Whether it is read or not does not really matter b/c I got my thoughts off my fingers onto the keyboard.

15. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Here is a really interesting photo blog of some USA supporters who made the trip.

Sorry to dig up a bad memory, but it was a good read and look.

http://douglaszimmerman.blogspot.com/