USMNT v El Salvador

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Aug 31, 2009.

1. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

My thoughts on the game.

BORNSTEIN. Yeah, Bornstein had a bad game, but with both Gooch and Demerit out, Bob had some personnel issues. Left Back is still our biggest issue - we don't have a clear answer (Boca has talent, but lacks pace).

HOWARD. For the goal he gave up, he was expecting the cross to go over Spector to the wide open El Salvadoran player beyond him - that's why he was out of position for the header. He more than made up for it with the late save.

BECKERMAN. Yeah, that was a homer choice. He shouldn't play again.

HOLDEN. Definately our super sub. I like the whole "put him in for a forward and move Dempsey up top late" thing.

FEILHABER. I still like him as a starter in our home games. He and Bradley need to develop a better relationship, but I see it as having the most potential. For away/defensive games, make him the first supersub and put Clark/Edu/Jones next to Bradley.

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm an RSL fan but I agree, Beckerman doesn't have the physical attributes to play at this level. I love the guy for Real, but he can't do it for the Nats.

Bornstein is not up to this level. Sure he has some speed but his passing is not good. Right when I saw that clearance, my thoughts were "they are going to score". Yep.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

did you make it to the match, doggie? Sounded like a great bit of atmosphere.

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

That is a very loose interpretation of "clearance".