USMNT v Brazil

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dcheather, May 27, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Got my tickets to the game, and I hope to go to the US open training session tomorrow at U of Maryland. I'll try to get pics posted if I do.

2. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Have fun! Glad if the game wasn't in Foxboro at least someone I know will get to enjoy it.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:handgestures-thumbupleft: Have a great time!!

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

So, so excited for you guys, I hope the weather holds and you get to meet some of our heroes. Enjoy EVERYTHING and COYY!

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Got back not too long ago from the team's open training session. There wasn't much too it, but it was fun to see the men's team up close. Dempsey took part in all the practice I could see and moved around ok (but it was hot and I ended up leaving a bit early). I felt sorry for the guys having to run around in 90 degree heat and humidity...summer is here in the DC area today.

Not sure if Dempsey will be risked in a friendly, but he seems healthy enough.

Here are some photos:

One lap around the pitch
    [​IMG]

Donovan kinda on his own on the warmups.
    [​IMG]

Dempsey and Cherundolo

[​IMG]

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Heather, nice photos.

I guess Dempsey told the press today after training that if there was a game tonight, he would not be playing. My guess is he won't play or will come on as a sub on Wednesday.

7. jumpkutz

Ooh, ahh, jealous! Hope you enjoyed it despite the heat.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for the photos and report! I read the strikers did a finishing drill at the end of practice and Gomez was clearly the most clinical. I hope he plays vs. Brazil.

As far as the match, here is my starting XI:

Howard
    dolo, Gooch, Boca, Johnson
    Edu, Bradley, Jones
    Donovan Torres
    Gomez

Bring Demps on for Torres at the half.

Brazil is missing some of their best players due to injury but we still should see Neymar, Silva, Pato, Marcelo, Hulk, David Luiz, Sandro, and Rafael. Does anyone understand why Kaka was not called up? Most of the Brazil midfielders I'm not very familiar with. Are they really better than Kaka?

9. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Thanks for sharing

10. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Wow, very cool Heather! Definitely jealous!

Really looking forward to this one. Hope they can keep up the momentum after the Scotland match but this one definitely won't be as easy.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I can't see us having having a chance to even compete. After all according to Pele, Neymar is vastly superior to Messi and easily the greatest player in the world :shock: Of course Pele did elude to the fact the young Mr. Neymar isn't worthy of handing him a cup of Gatorade. :roll:

I have the dvr set, but don't like my chances of being disciplined enough not to find out the score first.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Neymar is the next big thing, but I wouldn't put too much stock in whatever Pele is selling. The guy is hardly ever right.

According to the twitter grapevine, it seems Mr. Dempsey will be coming off the bench tonight.

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Have fun at the game Heather.

It's being billed as the Hulk vs Hercules.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

First XI: howard, dolo, gooch, boca, fabian, edu, bradley, jones, papa, donovan, gomez

15. LaxAttack

Brazil > Scotland

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Yes. At least in the second half, the play of the US improved. The woodwork made a couple of huge saves tonight for both clubs. Brazil's keeper made some nice saves, as did Howard. I thought the penalty given was a bit harsh, but not horribly wrong.

That fourth goal was a joykill.

And Marcelo is a very talented ass.

17. jumpkutz

:text-+1:

And we've got 2 years to figure them out and learn from tonight. As crazy as it sounds, I like our chances next time.

18. jumpkutz

AND I wouldn't want to be the Canadians right now...because I think we're gonna bring it big time in Toronto.

19. LaxAttack

And I love Gooch, but he looked awful tonight. One of the funnier things I read on Twitter tonight:

"Gooch reminds me of that Madonna halftime performance. Old, sloppy, and out of shape."

The few bright spots: Johnson, Gomez (loved his work rate defensively) and Bradley (although he was at fault some for the third goal).

20. jumpkutz

:text-+1:

Bottom line, you can't make mistakes against these guys. They'll turn it around so fast your head won't have time to spin.