USMNT October WC 2014 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Oct 7, 2012.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

The twitter rumors from the weekend:

IN - Eddie Johnson, Kyle Beckerman

OUT - Brek Shea

TBD because of injuries - Landon Donovan, Jermaine Jones

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'd like to see EJ get some minutes, but I can't believe we're still capping Beckerman. He is woeful. I don't think we should be fielding anyone who is not nor will be good enough to go to Brazil for the finals.

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Dropping Shea and keeping Beckerman just doesn't sound right at all since we know Danny Williams can play the defensive mid and Bradley is likely to be back and one of the first two names on the sheet anyway. If Bradley is healthy and not named without a REALLY good reason I will rant against Klinnsman myself.

5. LaxAttack

I think Shea might also be hurt (he didn't play for Dallas today in a do or die playoff spot game).

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sigh...why does it seem like our players always get injured just before qualifiers? :angry-banghead:

7. jumpkutz

Pre-match report says he was questionable with an abdominal strain. Didn't see whether or not he got any minutes, but it appears not. The kid's definitely better for USMNT than his club team, that's for sure. Hope he can make it this round, and at least we'll have Deuce.

8. LaxAttack

Who needs Jozy Altidore or Terrence Boyd when you have Eddie Johnson and Alan Gordon:

GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8) : Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)

MIDFIELDERS (8) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Roma), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (5): Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Alan Gordon (San Jose Earthquakes), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders)

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

:shock:

If you're going to take somebody from San Jose, please let it be Wondo or Beitashour...what the hell is with Castillo as well? No Torres is a surprise, but not as big as Boyd and Altidore's omissions. What is up with that? Otherwise, not really worried b/c I can look at this squad (assuming all are fit) and see something like this:
    Howard
    Dolo Boca Cameron Johnson
    Zusi Bradley Jones Donovan
    Dempsey
    Gomez

10. jumpkutz

Beckerman, AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! Wasted pick, from now on.

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm not holding back. I'm not beating around the bush and dont get why others dont see it. No Jozy? You cant be serious. Klinsmann is fucking asshole. He is ruining our chances for WC qualifying.

I love Alan gordan getting a call, but you cant be serious with that one either. Wondo is the MLS leader in goals by a long shot.

12. LaxAttack

It looks like he is holding a grudge against Jozy. People are speculating this at least. I guess he criticized Jozy in that ESPN interview last week and Jozy had a tweet commenting/referencing that which was deleted shortly after. If this is true, they are are both acting like little girls, but it seems to be something behind the scenes where both don't see eye to eye.

That all said, I wish they could put that BS to the side as both of these games as basically must win games.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Jozy needs to take German classes. How can he not pick the guy who is leading his EUROPEAN league in goals? Insane. Whatever problems Jozy may have that we don't know about, he's shown plenty of effort for us in the "last 14 months." I'm glad to see Shea and EJ, but sorry that Beckerman continues to get picked. And where in the world is Boyd?

If it's enough to get Ms Maureen to fling about the "F" word, you know it's bad. I'm with ya, Mo. He's driving me crazy.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:angry-banghead: What is Klinnsmann doing in Manhattan Beach? going to the pier and :banana-stoner: Mo, there isn't one USMNT fan that can understand this. I would love for the AZ coach to come out and call JK an idiot. Glad to see that we will be going with our full allotment of defensive mids against Antigua :shock: Just have to keep our fingers crossed that we can advance to the last 6, because there is no way JK will keep the gig if this isn't straightened out. Already picking Sigi to come to the rescue next year.

15. LaxAttack

I do think we can get the six points with the roster nevzter said above, but now is not the time to make a point to one of your core players (and someone who is on form in a quality league and has a skill [scoring goals] which has been lacking under your tenure).

16. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I get and support the EJ pick. Dude has earned a lifeline and the way he has been getting on the end of headers fits well with the way the US team has been throwing in crosses. We'll see if he can thrive or not but I like the call up.

Now that I am done with the rosy side of the world I have two questions:

1. Like everyone else, what's up with Jozy? I don't get this drop at all.
    2. Has the US officially run out of midfielders that we have to keep calling up Beckerman and recalling Kljestan? In all fairness, perhaps Kljestan has been lighting it up at Anderlect but isn't there some more fresh blood like Zusi somewhere?

17. jumpkutz

Bottom line....nothing short of total domination of these two sides will do this time around. If we have trouble scoring, or Beckerman screws up again, it'll be time to seriously rethink Klinsmann's fitness for this job.

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Grant Wahl's story on Altidore's omission

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z28nulnCBj

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Great article; thanks. It makes me wonder where all this "bad attitude in training" thing is coming from.

Smells like team Nevin Subotic.

20. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member