USL Live: Free in 2009

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by DawgTheDon, Mar 26, 2009.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Got this press release sent to me by the United Soccer Leagues to post on my blog. Figured I would post it here as well.

TAMPA, FL — United Soccer Leagues announced a partnership with leading service provider NeuLion for the third season of streaming USL First Division matches. USL Live, presented by UMBRO, will air games free beginning April 11 when the season kicks off with two matches on USLlive.com.

Powered by NeuLion, USL Live will carry all USL-1 matches in 2009, both live and on demand, that are not part of the USL Fox Soccer Channel television broadcast schedule. The upcoming season will be the first year the service will be available for free. The NeuLion platform will also increase video availability for other USL clubs in addition to providing match highlights and other special video content such as press conferences, interviews and features.

As a leader in digital media, NeuLion offers an end-to-end service and delivers USL Live as a completely managed turnkey service. NeuLion has existing partnerships with sports clients such as the National Hockey League, National Football League, American Hockey League, Universal Sports, Professional Bull Riders, Toronto FC (MLS), Indy Racing League, over 175 collegiate sports properties, 165 international television channels from 35 countries and the US, Canadian and Puerto Rican online broadcasts of the 2010 South American World Cup Qualifiers.

“In our continued efforts to provide fans with higher standards in presentation of games that keeps pace with the increased profile of the league and quality of our teams’ performance, we are pleased to be announcing our association with NeuLion,” said USL Vice President and COO Tim Holt. “NeuLion was the clear leader among other streaming companies we met with during the off-season. Their production of the NHL and World Cup qualifiers, along with the platforms and programming on the technical side, are very impressive.”

“We are even more excited to announce that with the assistance of presenting sponsor UMBRO, USL Live will be a free service to fans around the world,” added Holt. “Our fans continue to show their passion for USL and we are thrilled to be providing every non-FSC match to them for free so they can continue to follow their favorite clubs away from home, especially in these difficult economic times. We are very thankful to UMBRO for showing their support in this initiative.

“NeuLion’s technology and core capabilities provide soccer fans with an enhanced viewer experience through high quality video, interactive live games, community features and much more,” said Chris Wagner, EVP of NeuLion.

The newly-designed USLlive.com will officially launch to the public in the coming weeks.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thnaks, Dawg. I'll be doing some temporary bachelorhood in a month or so, and watching footie on my computer could keep me out of trouble in the evenings. It would be kind of cool to select a match of the week and meet in the chatroom for it.

I'll look forward to updates on the setup.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

What kinda trouble could you get into at your age.. never mind, dont answer that.
    :twisted:

Good for them. Let's get everyone at least interested in their local clubs.. and that's one good way to do it. Assuming they dont expect Euro level of play, like some.