USAWNT v. Australia, Oct 20

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Sep 21, 2013.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

San Antonio is hosting an international between two English speaking countries! You have no idea how amazing this is. I'm already planning to go with HatterMom and perhaps even AggieMatt. Any other FUSAers going to be in or around the Alamo City on that Sunday?

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Glad to hear you will be going to support them. They've been virtually unstoppable ever since Sermani took over. Australia will have a lot to prove though since he is an Aussie and their former coach. Should be a good game.

Also, maybe someday you should go check out your local youth US Development Academy. You can find their schedule here:
    http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/60852305/47187442-60852393/TEAM.html

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Didn't even know we had one, Mo. Thanks.

4. Clevelandmo

The same is true for people in a lot of communities that are fortunate enough to have a US Development Academy, and therein lies a problem that the USSF has the power to fix and chooses not to. Do me a favor, when the USWNT team comes to town for this match, let me know if there is a peep about the your local US Youth Academy. Also, if you do go see the younglings play, I'd love to hear what you think about the level and quality of play.

5. Clevelandmo

And here is the squad you will have the pleasure of watching,
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/10/sermanni-australia-friendlies.html

All the big names are there except Shannon Box, which is somewhat expected given her age and health (recently announced she has lupus).

GOALKEEPERS: Nicole Barnhart (FC Kansas City), Adrianna Franch (WNY Flash), Jill Loyden (Sky Blue FC), Hope Solo (Seattle Reign FC)

DEFENDERS: Rachel Buehler (Portland Thorns FC), Stephanie Cox (Seattle Reign FC), Crystal Dunn (North Carolina), Whitney Engen (Tyresö), Meghan Klingenberg (Tyresö), Ali Krieger (Tyresö), Kristie Mewis (FC Kansas City), Christie Rampone (Sky Blue FC), Leigh Ann Robinson (FC Kansas City), Becky Sauerbrunn (FC Kansas City)

MIDFIELDERS: Yael Averbuch (Göteborg), Morgan Brian (Virginia), Tobin Heath (Paris Saint-Germain), Lauren Holiday (FC Kansas City), Carli Lloyd (WNY Flash), Heather O’Reilly (Boston Breakers), Megan Rapinoe (Lyon)

FORWARDS: Sydney Leroux (Boston Breakers), Alex Morgan (Portland Thorns FC), Christen Press (Tyresö), Abby Wambach (WNY Flash)