US vs Paraguay

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by omsdogg, Jul 2, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

anyone else in here watching? 1-0 Paraguay...I think I'm going to throw up after that goal!

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

one more thing...Eddie Johnson....bum!!! I've watched Paraguay's strikers all quickly pressure our defenders when they turn the ball over, whereas EJ candidly "hangs out" and picks daisy's.

he better do something good or i don't ever want to see him on the national team again!!!

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.......USA!!! Clark I believe it was

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Clark indeed!!!!! 1 -1 at half isn't bad, considering the U.S. blew some early chances.

Didn't want you to be lonely on here, 'dogg.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thanks dude...yeah...I tell you what...I thought they played very good once they got behind. Also, Bornstein to me has really improved his play since the start of the Gold Cup. I was very impressed by him in the first half.

6. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

I missed the 1st half, but I'm watching for the 2nd.

7. nevzter

I agree, the U.S. has shown character, and cojones, after falling down 1 - 0.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

welcome kickflip....what the heck was that w/ the Paraguay goalie??? did he just slip and now he's faking that he got injured cuz he's embarrassed?

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

wtf? look at how Paraguay closes down on the ball every single time...and the speed with which they do it. we can't keep possession cuz we just try to kick it long cuz of the pressure, or make a bad pass and turn it back over. man we miss Claudio in the middle holding possession

10. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Just picked up in the second half...were the goals quality? How was the flow of the match?

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

alright...i praised bornstein in the first half, and he has been Crap times 5 in the second!!!! lost possession several times, went in with two feet on a challenge and missed everything leading to a Paraguay break, had Twellman right in front of goal unmarked and overhit the cross by a mile. Pick it up!!!!!

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

80th minute...and all Johnson has done is prove how crappy he is....several chances unmarked and he couldn't even put the shots on target. tried to play one wide to Mapp and kicked it 10 yards behind him....and just now had a one on one break to the goal and held the ball too long so that Paraguay had several players recover.

On a sidenote...Mapp has touched it twice and both times made brilliant runs...the first one made a nice pass at the end...the second...tried to ship over the goalie and was just high....would've been a class goal. feed him the ball!!!!

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

lame!!!

14. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

I didn't see the first Par goal, but the 2nd? Bad back pass from Bornstein gives them an easy goal. The final goal was quality, from a free kick.

U.S. should have won this game, they played with such heart. Still, they had tons of GREAT chances and could not put any in the net. Credit their replacement keeper, though, he made some important saves.

What a heart breaker.

15. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Do we raise our players to care about the feelings of goalies too much!? I mean really. Can we get a finisher in here?..someone?..anyone?

I thought our rookie RB had a good game.

Mapp has potential, but needs to remember that he's responsible for playing defense as well. At this point, he's only good as a late sub when we're down, though he is pretty good at that role.

Hopefully Guzan plays the next game. Keller's done.

16. nevzter

So many chances blown, so, so many blown chances. I agree with all of the above re finishers.

The U.S. doesn't have a f@#Ding forward that can score. The mental lapses in the 2nd are to be expected of a young team, but this score absolutely should have been at least 3-3. When it comes to the USMNT, Twellman is shit (almost scored a goal on a header, too bad it was our own f#$@ing goal), Johnson is shit, ad infinitum for the rest of the front line...

17. BoilerBen

BoilerBen New Member

anybody else watch the game on Gol TV?? I think thats what I watched it on... anywho one of the american annoucers just loves Eddie Johnson!! I don't know if he is watching the same games as everybody else! Eddie has shown he is the fastest lazy player in the history of the game. I hope he grows some heart before 2010!!!!!!!!!

ps... Feilhaber has shown to me he is a clear starter on the A squad (for UNMNT and Hamburg) he's going to be exciting to watch from here on out!!!

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Are you saying that Jeff Cunningham has a rival for fastest lazy player?

Dunno how that can be true unless you weight it in favor of 'most deceiving'.. as Cunningham only made it out of camp onto the field once.

If Cunningham had been given more chances he might have conceivably scored a brace in a given game, yet not be invited back... so if you mean 'trickiest' then I guess Johnson would be the man.

Added: Reflecting on this, you have to give Coleman props for not even THINKING {publicly at least} about buying Cunningham. I imagine him seeing JC come on in the AllStar game and then asking McBride about him and Brian rolling his eyes... Then going to Andrulis (Crew Mgr) and getting the opposite response - 'Take him PLEASE!'

I expect the same will happen in Johnson's case.

19. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I guess I was disheartened by this game's result as I didnt even care to watch the replay.
    But can Bradley be blamed for this? I dont know how, if he did a good job in the Gold Cup which I believe he did; then this must indeed be a case of the players not being up to it.

20. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I don't blame Bradley for this loss, though he is partially culpable for starting Keller in this game. I thought he did a good job of bringing the team back from the Argentinian loss and in making some good adjustments (new RB, Sasha, having Twellman stay up top with EJ playing behind him, etc.) The team looked much better today...until there was any risk of the ball going into the opposing net.

Anyone else think we should make Clark a forward? He doesn't have many of the other required skills, but at least he's hungry for the net.