US vs. Mexico in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by LaxAttack, Mar 26, 2014.

1. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Donovan has looked OK over the last year, but he was sort of bad last night. I know Klinsmann said after the game that he didn't start him as he didn't look good in training and that Donovan came into camp with a small knee issue (and Donovan understood why Klinsi didn't start him). Hopefully it was just that and he will be better in Brazil.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Green looked like what he is -- a promising 4th division player. I know that he played so we could "brand" him, but he has no business being in our REAL squad -- not when good second tier players in England don't get a sniff.

I'd still like to see Bradley that far up the pitch and partner him in the middle with Cameron.

Oh, and Mexico has a real manager now. Any man who can raise a team from the dead during one half-time interval is pretty damn good.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Time flies. My bad. The point remains, I was surprised by the dropoff from the last time I'd seen him (whenever that was). Hopefully it's just an injury as Lax alluded to.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

This is fine, but who plays RB? And Jones is going to be in the middle, we all know this. Regardless, Cameron needs to start somewhere, even if its CB at this point.

And I didn't get to see the match b/c a recording of "Kipper" bumped the match off of the DVR for me. Poor DVR'ing by me.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Eric Lichaj or Jon Spector

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Umm, sorry, Don. But Lichaj is entering the injury waiting to happen zone. He's out indefinitely after undergoing double hernia surgery and has only played 5 times since Jan 1. I know you're very high on him, but he needs to be scratched off your list. Perhaps if he ever stays healthy enough he might be able to make his case, but that doesn't seem to happen much like with Whitbread.

I think Beltran and Yedlin are better options for RB than Spector at the moment. I haven't seen Spector play in awhile and when I did he wasn't that great.

7. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Why not Fabian Johnson at RB? He has played there recently for Hoffenheim. And I have no problem with Beasley at LB like some USMNT fans.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No problem with Run DMB at LB. I didn't realize that Lichaj was crocked. So sad.

9. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member