US vs. France

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Why does everyone keep saying the USA looks the same as under Bob Bradley? No it doesnt, they actually looked better under Bob Bradley. That really cant be disputed. Buehler, Buehler, anyone? help me here.

I will be patient because the Porter appointment has made me see a master plan that I can buy into. I will just take all my complaints about klinsmann's handling of the senior team and bury them deep down inside.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You also have the option, Mo, of silently nodding your head when I rip Jurgen a new one. I agree that we looked better under Bradley -- especially in the seoond half when his tactical nous could figure out how to counter the opponent's play.

And I am NEVER going to feel comfortable playing with only one striker at home against Central/South American countries as we did last international break.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think we are playing a bit better now than we were than under Bradley...but not by much. The thing I am most disappointed with Klinsmann is his continually start of Beckerman and Edu in the middle at the same time. Beckerman is doing his job ok...which is sit and protect the cbs and play some passes to open players. But I'm lost on what Edu is doing out there. I can't figure out what his role is. If it's to be a box to box midfielder, I can't say he's doing a very good job at it. He doesn't seem to get forward enough or pass the ball well enough. Plus, from what I have read elsewhere Danny Williams plays in the center midfield and is not a wide player like he is being used for the US. Why not put him in Edu's spot then? And see if Edu can play Beckerman's role? I just don't understand why Klinsmann keeps putting out the same players in the same formation and expects something different. Especially in the terms of the offense generated. I think we are playing with better organization...but I believe some player's are being played in a role they are not suited for and more help (1 or 2 more players getting up the field) is needed up front. If Klinsmann would just show some flexibility in moving some player's around, replacing some in the starting line-up, or even change the formation; we just might be getting somewhere in terms of creating chances.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

How did you know? That's what I've been doing when I read your posts on the matter.

Still hoping for that USA - Egypt match-up myself. I'd fly anywhere in the country to see it. I'm sure Klinsmann would head into with qualifying words about the superior talent of Egypt just like he has done with Mexico, Belgium and even Ecuador to an extent.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Mercifully was out of town and didn't see it. Baffled to read that Beckerman is still getting minutes.