1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Everybody loves Finnan. Fulham couldn't have hung on to him any more than we could have hung on to EVS and Saha.

ManU and Liverpool are consistently better teams than Fulham BECAUSE THEY HAVE TONS MORE MONEY. It's one of the advantages you have that none of the rest of us have -- the team you pledge allegiance to will never have to worry about finding a good player on the cheap. You have the money to buy the Crouches, the Mascharinos, the Alonsos of the world and we don't.

Don't act like we had a choice with Finnan.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Look, I'm not saying Carragher is a BAD player by any stretch of the imagination, but:

A) The way you phrase that gives Agger, Finnan and Riise less credit than they deserve.
    B) By your logic, Nesta is better because he led Milan's defense past Liverpool, who have some decent scoring talent of their own.
    C) You're admitting your bias right there in your post. It's great that he's "one of us" who's lucky enough to have the talent to be a Prem player, and if you're a fan of his for that reason, I can't blame you at all, but that doesn't make him better than Terry or Ferdinand.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

But I don't need to keep arguing (off topic, even) with ToC. Let's play Spot The Error In The Article On The FFC Website:

"Hejduk opened the scoring when his low shot found the back of the net, via the post, in the 40th minute."
    39th, if you want to be a stickler for things like accurate reporting.

"Both Carlos Bocanegra and Clint Dempsey played the full 90 minutes with Dempsey dictating play with an influential performance."
    Dempsey came off for Taylor Twellman in the 88th minute.

4. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I thought this was Bradley's best game - until the stupid, unnecessary, red-card tackle.

Hejduk played well but I think he depends on his speed too much and not enough on positioning. While he had a good game, I'm actually not upset that Spector will get to play in the final.

I though Gooch had a solid effort today - no complaints.

Keller got his 100th cap and can retire now. I don't blame him for the goal; I doubt Howard could have stopped that strike.

Johnson was useless - he should never again put on the jersey.

Oh, and Canada was robbed - it should have gone to OT (and Canada had the edge due to both the man advantage and offensive player advantage).

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Don, money issues always come into the argument and wasn't sligthing Fulham in the least. If they could they most assuredly would of held onto those players, but sometimes players just want to achieve more than some clubs can offer as well.

jmh...I am a bit biased, but I would select him over any other CB in the world. There are players who are at JC's level if not better, but heart is one thing that he has and some don't. Wasn't attempting to take anything away from Agger or Finnan...I leave out Riise intentionally, because he can't defend to save his life. Mid stuck in a LB's position.

Terry and Ferdinand...tough pairing to break up but to never even give him an opportunity to partner either is a bit harsh. He continues to get played out of position and RB isn't where he belongs. A fair shout is all I ask.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

By the way, I got to MSP airport last night around 7:45 to hit the Tequilaria in concourcse G, have a couple of puerco adobado tacos and a Margarita about the size of Dubuque, IA, while watching the second half.

1. They had just closed the food down.
    2. None of their 27 televisions had USA-Canada on, ALTHOUGH TWO HAD TELEVISED POKER [will never figure out the appeal].

So I went down to my gate and spent the next hour listening to kids scream. Didn't find out the score until I got back to my house at 0030.

Sounds like, once again, USA were Fulhamish. Come on Sunday and kick Mexico. Speaking of which, why ain't there a USA v. Mexico thread yet?

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

KF has yet to get around to it, but I give him 10 minutes and it should be up... Come on Yanks