US v Algeria

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Jun 18, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

HT ENG 1-0
    US 0-0

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It should 2-0 to US...please, for the love god do not have us wondering what could have been if not for blown calls.

BTW...let's get some chat room good vibes going!!

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I'm following the BBC's online play by play and whoever is watching the U.S. - Algeria game is an idiot. They said Algeria looked better all the way through the first half. And no real comment on the disallowed goal. What?

U.S. should be on 7 points right now to England's 5 and Slovenia's 4.

4. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

What a turnaround...from elimination to group winner in one great rush. From Howard's save to the great runs by DMB, Clint and Landon, it was beautiful to watch that goal.

We've overcome the worst officiating of the tournament to place first in our group. The boys showed tremendous grit. I'm ecstatic right now.

5. pettyfog

The ONLY bigger idiots than the FFC offal and BBC 606...

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'm so happy. From 3rd to 1st in one Donovan sprint. Chat room worked some magic again? ;)

7. sullytex

sullytex Member

Donovan my brother, what a clutch, clutch goal. If you haven't already, you just sealed your fate in US Soccer lore as a legend. I started tearing my beard out when they pulled out Demps goal. Nearly lost my mind. Then totally lost it when LD calmly placed that bad boy in the net.

A very deserved win today and absolutley deserve to sit atop the group. WELL DONE!

8. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Wow. WOW! WOW!!!!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!

9. Lyle

Lyle New Member

We got through... and in first (so no looming Argentina match -- although we may get Germany).

10. pettyfog

Someone on the BS said "Never again refer to him as 'Landycakes'.

Most of us knew that from his Everton stint.

----------------------------
    Shoutout to Bob Bradley.

None of his subs came a cropper. He certainly knows who's doing what at the moment far better than we do on past observation.

I questioned Bornstein. Gave us no faulting. Gomez looked decent but BB didnt waste time waiting.

Then when he put in Beas.. I almost had a fit. But BB was right. It certainly didnt hurt.

I despair a little over Buddle's gun-spooky tries but it caused the ALG Defense to become disorganized and that helped our chances.

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Today is the day I seriously considered never calling him Cakes again.....but I still might.

When are we going to start highlighting and emphasizing more the "USA" part of FulhamUSA this World Cup??

Still photo of Cakes,..whoops, Landon scoring with Clint laid out in the background? Then it will have a Fulham angle.

12. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

10-4, good shout, especially on Buddle. No direct effect, but lots of indirect influence. Which, all things considered, the influence of African-American strikers that stretch the field and concern the competition can begin to be emphasized. Is it a racial thing for the opposition? At least for now, I'd say probably yes. Ching doesn't seem to have the same effect.

13. FulhamDC

FulhamDC Active Member

No, there's no looming match with Argentina, as long as we're dreaming of the Quarter Finals. Instead, we would probably get Uruguay, and Diego Forlan.

I hate Diego Forlan.

14. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I like Diego Forlan, but I could easily feel animosity and wish ill for him for 90 minutes plus.

Still, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Go DEUTSCHLAND! If we face them, would rather it be in the Final.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

16. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

What do I do with the "Landycakes" shirt I have? :D

USA! USA! USA! :banana: :banana: :banana:

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, that was pretty much of a no-sweat morning.

Surprises?

Bornstein had a pretty good match defensively. Herculez started and then was off at half time. Deuce missed a hattrick by only three goals. Donovan had his quitest match of the tourney -- until minute 92. The back four looked solid.

Un-surprises?

We had a good goal disallowed. Edu cemented his place as Bradley's partner. Jay DeMerit is a fekking man. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed. NEVER did Timmy Howard give us a moment to doubt his generalship.

Jozy played perhaps his best match in a USA shirt, partnering three different men, holding up on the left for Dempsey and on the right for Donovan and up the middle for Bradley. I give MOTM to him and DeMerit -- and as soon as I decided that, I heard LaLaLaLa say the same thing.

The slow metamorphosis from LandyCakes to ManDon is complete. Bring on whoever. I don't really care.

Quote of the day from HatterMom came right after Donovan's goal: "I haven't heard YES YES YES that loud in this house for a long time."

18. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Agree with all, Don. And yet still, DeMerit must suffer in purgatory at Watford. When will that guy get the respect he desrves. Perhaps now.

Ghana 0 - 1 Germany

Your wife has a great sense of humour, HD.

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Collectors item!

Hattermom's wit is top shelf.

And, I still don't believe what happened.

:banana:

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

DeMerit was a force, what a time to have that great a game. Really, I don't think anyone had less than a 6 or 7 today. Donovan (obviously), Dempsey, and Altidore topped the list.

Watched the game at Claddagh in Cleveland, with a pretty nice crowd, all of whom were suffering for 90 minutes. They place went nuts when Dempsey scored, and was called off, and I think we made the local news when Donovan scored. My gosh, I think my nerves are still shot.

Howard was a beast offensively -- I remember two long throws that started attacks, incluiding the goal. Oh yeah, he was a force between the sticks too (and he better have kissed the crossbar.)

Bring on Ghana!!

U-S-A!! U-S-A!!