US/Mexico Game Thread

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Fulhamerica1423, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Okay, but I may still pretend that it wasnt offsides because it was a really nice goal.

2. Markus

Markus Member

Well, pretty basic analysis of my section being 80% MEX when our tix were in the US supporters section?...and just viewing the other sections.

Also, even Sam's Army had issues.....Supposedly their section was sold out at presale, but when they got there multiple MEX fans were all throughout the section. A majority behind them, which came the reports of beer being thrown on 'em. (Again, the beer and stuff doesn't really bother me...that's just how it is)

Alot of the people around our seats (US and MEX), and probably the culprit of the most mixing were just chancers taking the best seats with no butts.

I'm under no illusion that the promoters could have really pulled this off...I mean, it's never done here in the US and no one at the stadium were/are prepared to manage/control that type of seating.

3. EricD

EricD New Member

I was looking at the replay of the goal, and it seemed as though the ref was waiting for the outcome of the play before he blew the whistle (it looked like he knew the flag was up). I think he thought that Mexico would clear it out because Dempsey was no way going to beat three defenders. What a jerk!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It worked well, the last WC qualifier at Crew Stadium. USSF and the CRew managed ticket sales and found a way to intersperse the US & Mex fans while holding Mex's to about 25-30 %
    Other than Sam's Army, no big blocs.

Of course that is a smaller stadium, but there were few if any incidents, even afterward. And the banter was kept good natured, if a little pointed.

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Well at least they tried. With more practice, they may even get it down at some point.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I, and I think everyone else, has neglected to mention the low point of the match coverage - the Donovan interview with the clip of him urinating on Mexican soil. I really didnt need to see that.