US Men's National Team vs England National Team - May 28

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by ChicagoTom, Mar 11, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Looks like the USA will be playing England in a Men's friendly on May 28th at Soldier Field in Chicago. The good news keeps coming for soccer fans here in the states and specifically in the midwest.

England will play a friendly against Columbia at the Meadowlands after that match, but I do not know the specific date.

I am in for this one for sure.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: US Men

This time YOU host!

_ - -- - -- - - -

I'm amazed to tell you the truth.

I would have thought England would at LEAST insist on playing there...I always assumed that England had nothing to gain, everything to lose by playing the US.
    - - - - -- - - - - - --

on a related note, the movie about the Club player US team beating England in '50 opens on April 22 in the MLS cities.
    Movie Site

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: US Men

Yeah right! I will go to this, but I am focusing more on how everyone is gonna fit in your backyard after the Fulham match!! LOL!!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Ummmm what kind of silly hat you going to bring to columbus, anyway
    :twisted:

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

who knows......plenty of time to find one though!!!

6. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

I'm coming down for this one with a big group from one of the local pubs here... they're apparently getting all the group tickets and transportation put together. Should be a great day and it gives me an excuse to see the "new and improved" Soldier Field... a place where my beloved Vikings beat the snot out of the Bears every year!

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

now, now landshark. An ew day has dawned on the 2005 Bears! The post-Moss Vikings are gonna get beat down by the future NFC North Champions!!