US Men's National Team v. China Recap...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Team_of_McBrides, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

Actually, the thing I am most worried about for a possible final against Mexico is the absence of Jimmy Conrad. He was the BEST CB in the friendly and made some really key clearances / intercepts.

Hopefully Boca and Onyewu are up to the challenge, but I remain optimistically skeptical (if there is such a thing).

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Boca and Onyewu are going to more than likely be the first choice pairing for the CB positions. I would rather them make mistakes in the Gold Cup than make those blunders in the Copa America. Learn from the mistakes now and that will better prepare them for their tougher competition.

I do like Conrad though...maybe not as much for his talents on the field, but his journalism abilities.