UEFA Europa League 2012-13

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Anybody like Atletico Madrid again? I guess I'll pull for......hell, I don't know, since we're not in it.

Any suggestions?

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Group play kicks off today. Here is the schedule with the games FSC is airing in bold:

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2012
    Time Home Away Stage
    1:00 ET Udinese v Anzhi Makhachkala, Group A
    1:00 ET Young Boys v Liverpoo,l Group A, Live FSC
    1:00 ET Hapoel Tel-Aviv v Atlético Madrid, Group B
    1:00 ET Viktoria Plzen v Académica de Coimbra, B
    1:00 ET AEL v Borussia Monchengladbach, Group C
    1:00 ET Fenerbahce v Marseille, Group C, Delayed on FSC 5pm
    1:00 ET Bordeaux v Club Brugge, Group D
    1:00 ET Maritimo v Newcastle United, Group D
    1:00 ET FC Copenhagen v Molde, Group E
    1:00 ET VfB Stuttgart v Steaua Bucurest, Group E
    1:00 ET Dnipro v PSV Eindhoven, Group F
    1:00 ET Napoli v AIK, Group F
    3:05 ET Racing Genk v Videoton FC Fehervar, Group G
    3:05 ET Sporting Lisbon v FC Basel, Group G
    3:05 ET Internazionale v FK Rubin Kazan, Group H
    3:05 ET Partizan Belgrade v Neftchi, Group H
    3:05 ET Athletic Bilbao v Hapoel Kiryat Shmona, Group I
    3:05 ET Lyon v Sparta Prague, Group I
    3:05 ET NK Maribor v Panathinaikos, Group J
    3:05 ET Tottenham Hotspur v Lazio, Group J, Live on FSC
    3:05 ET Bayer Leverkusen v FC Metalist Kharkiv, Group K
    3:05 ET Rapid Vienna v Rosenborg, Group K
    3:05 ET Levante v Helsingborg, Group L
    3:05 ET Twente Enschede v Hannover 96, Group L

Americans that could possibly be featuring today are Dempsey, Friedel (likely not if last yr is an indication), Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Mixx Dis kerud (Rosenborg), Yelldell (Bayer L), Cherundolo (Han. 96), Bedoya (Helsingborgs IF), Gatt (Molde FK),

3. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

If the Italian teams take it seriously - could see Napoli win it; Lazio and Udinese could go quite a ways. If the Italians want to get their coefficient back up and get the 4th UCL spot back - they need to start here.
    Group A looks like the toughest group, until you read the squad that 'Pool is putting out there. Typical EPL snobbery (except for us!). I wish the English teams would take this competition seriously as well. Anzhi is my dark horse to win it.
    Gotta like Atletico to go far in this one as well, and they have a pretty easy group.

4. jumpkutz

scousers have beaten young boys. deuce in starting lineup for spurs.

5. jumpkutz

Anybody else think Brendan Rogers is in real trouble now? Lost to Udi at Anfield. And AVB subbed too early and Spurs gave up the equalizer to Patha. Interesting.

6. TJDallas

TJDallas New Member

Just the other day two Yanks squared off against each other. Hannover 96 (Steve Cherundolo) v Helsingborg (Alejandro Bedoya). Haven't seen the goal but Alejandro netted one in a 3-2 loss to the Mayor of Hannover's team.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWpH5edNNek[/youtube]

Bedoya's goal.

8. TJDallas

TJDallas New Member

Thanks Heather, I like how you can see Steve running into the box and then him visibly get upset about the goal. Nice goal Bedoya.

9. jumpkutz

Some pretty entertaining matches this week. Not sure what's going on at T'ham, but they're better than they've been showing lately. Deuce seems lost, hasn't made much of an impact at all. I used to like Bale, but he seems a bit selfish so far this season, taking shots where passes are clearly called for. Then there's the keeper controversy with our old friend, Mr. Friedel and Monsieur Lloris. Gonna be interesting to see how that all shakes out, but the matches seem more open than the CL tilts.

10. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

Watching 'Pool at Udinese. If 'Pool could finish at all, they'd be up by 3 goals. Wonder if Brendan could talk the BoSox out of 40mil or so to buy Falcao? Would they like to put a slightly better offer on the table for Deuce at this point? Probably.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Deuce with an assist and another "off the crossbar, off the goalkeeper's back, nothing but net" effort in a 3-1 victory. He could have had a second assist, but Defoe hit the post.

12. jumpkutz

Yes, Hatter, easily his best match for them to date. He's doing what great players do...put the team ahead of himself, and starting to reap the rewards. It may be my imagination, but it's seemed as if he's appeared annoyed at Bale when they're paired at Bale's inclination to shoot when a pass may be a better play. At any rate, he flourished tonight w/o Bale. It'll be interesting to see what happens until and after Bale returns. Barring injuries, I think they're gonna give the big boys fits before it's over.

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Bust out the :angry-extinguishflame: cause Gareth Bale is en fuego. 2 more goals to save Spurs' bacon again (2-1 over Lyon), both on free kicks, and the winner in the final minute of stoppage time. Friedel in goal, Deuce started but subbed at the 67 minute mark, and a surprising name (since I thought he retired :doh: ) for Lyon; Fulham favorite Steeeeeed Malbranque started and went 82 minutes.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I watched the match. Except for two touches of the ball, Gareth Bail was absolutely crap out there. It's a funny old game, as someone once said to me.

15. jumpkutz

Don't look now, but the real Mousa Dembele just eliminated Lyon.

16. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I wish he was still Fulham...am I wrong for that?

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not at all, me too. Clint was as good as gone, but Moose was a last second kick in the gut. If he was still pulling the strings I have no doubt we'd be challenging for Europe instead of lighting candles in order to sneak 3 points off Stoke.

18. jumpkutz

Just caught up on the other highlights from today...HUGE day for the toons Tim Krull. He made some insane stops in their win over the Ukrainian side Metalist Kharkiv. I've never been overly impressed with Mr. Krull, but he played out his arse in this one. Must see (internet) TV!

19. jumpkutz

Bloody hell! In true, almost Fulham-esque fashion, the Spuds, still sans CD, have managed to cough up a three goal adavantage and are heading into OT at Inter. William Gallas is starting to earn my vote for worst defender in the PL, for real.

20. jumpkutz

Mousa saved their bacon. Adebayor just happened to be there. Unfortunately, dog trackers are in the driver's seat against Bucharest. Oh, well.