UEFA Champions League 2006/2007

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 8, 2006.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

CSKA London 1 - 0 Liverpool

If I got a dollar every time Drogba went down under minimal contact, I would have enough money to get through the last two years as an undergrad in college. That said, his crew did look like the better team...

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I agree. That's the most diving I've seen out of him this season. And that was after Josie moaned on the air that Liverpool would be trying to get him yellow carded. He psyched out the referee and just about guaranteed that there wouldn't be a card.

Sucks, but C'MON SCOUCERS. YER'LL NEVER WALK A'BLEEDIN' LOAN!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

waiting for penalties

first objective complete -- Liverpool's players are shattered. If they don't field reserves on Saturday, they'd better bring double the Lucozade for their regulars.

now for the second objective -- go Pepi ReIna; c'mon you scoucers!

UPDATE: The Scum go out 4-1 on penalties.

I predict Bellamy and Fowler up front on Saturday. I'd be surprised to see Carragher, Gerrard, Zenden, or Kuyt -- they left everything out there tonight. Hope they beat West Ham South [AC Milan] in the finals!

So, no European Championship for "the special one." I'm sure he's crying to the media as I type this!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: waiting for penalties

Geez... speak american english... I fell asleep between the last OT and the PK's... woke up just as they were signing off...then was going to comment here but had to go to soccernet to verify whether
    I heard the results right!!!!!

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Half-time at San Siro and it's looking very grim for United. It's not good to have two defensive starters out when you're facing Seedorf and Kaka.

I hope all of us will get behind Liverpool against AC Criminal.

Is that clear enough for you, fog?

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I can't stand ManU so a 3-0 trouncing isn't heartbreaking, but I will be rooting hard for the Reds in Athens. That said instead of "payoff" being associated w/Milan the word will be "payback" and sadly the trophy will be going back to Italy.

I'm guessing that leaving Seedorf off the Dutch squad for the last WC was a mistake.