U.S. to Make Finals

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Lyle, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I predict it now.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Okay, who are you? how did you get Lyle's password? and what have you done with him?? :wink:

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

It's an odd year and I don't expect much from our team actually (on paper we don't look too good), but I'm feeling they can pull off a little miracle. Dempsey is caring the Fulhamis contagion with him, and I'm thinking it's going to infect the U.S. guys. All these guys have something to prove, as well.

Then again we may ship goals in the back like never before and get knocked off. It's just one of those years.

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Wimbledon maybe WC No chance

5. sullytex

sullytex Member

RE: Re: U.S. to Make Finals

Hell yeah! (that is what the heart says)...WTF (the cabeza).

FYI...looks like a group of around 15 (family, coworkers, friends) are going to go to the Mezzanine (@59 and Shepard). Feel free to come along. Been there for Dynamo playoff games and my bro was there for the Confed cup, good crowds. Some of us will be wearing the cheesy T-shirts I put together.

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Re: RE: Re: U.S. to Make Finals

Thanks o_sullyvan! I might check it out. I'm not sure where I'm going to watch the game or if I'll just stay in my abode to check it out. We'll definitely have to meet up for some Fulham games though in the fall. I think I've been to the Mezzanine before... they do Dynamo radio from there sometimes, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure though because there is a cluster of bars there.

I won't to go to the Richmond Arms once during the World Cup and check out the atmosphere there when it's packed. Most Fulham days it's a handful of people at best.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

While you're on the subject, We did not make our yearly trip to Houston last year, but we will this year. I'm hoping to be able to meet up for a Fulham match with you guys when we come down. And maybe, just maybe, we can convince some of those San Antone and Dallas guys to make the trip to join us.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

to quote Bugs Bunny: "hmmmmmmmmmmmm, couldst be."

Now back to your regularly scheduled "US to Make Finals" thread!

9. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Guardian Writer Predicts U.S. in Finals Too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... redictions

Haha... he sucks at betting too.

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Sounds like a plan.

11. sullytex

sullytex Member

If I was single and did not have my dad coming in town (he's not a big fan of jam packed joints....should have seen his face on the Tube in London) I'd be there with you at the Arms. My advice is to get there REAL early or you may end up outside and/or with a piss poor view of a TV. The last time I was there for a big England match was when they beat Germany 5 - nil. You might as well have been in England. It was a great aptmosphere but it was wall to wall (drunk English) people (I got there and carved out a corner about 1.5 hours prior to kickoff, ok, I was a bit drunk as well by the end of it). I think they will be geared up for this match though.

And with regards to meeting up in Houston for a Fulham game this year, I am all over that. Just give me a bit of a heads up in advance.

1 minute to KO of SA v Mex

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'd be up for meeting up in Houston.

US in the finals though, I'm not seeing it. We can hope though.

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

That's right. What's cool about that place is you can show up expecting the place to be dead, but there's some English rugby match, or a Denmark-Sweden qualifying match and the whole expat community is there.

Yeah, that's what I want to see actually. I won't go when the U.S. plays, but for some other games perhaps.