U-20 WC first sniff

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Jul 5, 2007.

?

Which of the Under-20 World Cup veterans will be next to go to Europe

1. Freddy Adu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Danny Szetela

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jozy Altidore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sal Zizzo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tony Beltran

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Chris Seitz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SOMEONE ELSE, YOU IDIOT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

PNE, who know a good Yank when they see one is sniffing around Canada as we speak:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=t ... &type=lgns

If this goes through, I think it'll be the first of several moves. Adu and Szetela have done their reputations wonders already. Speaking of which, I thought Freddy was the U-20 captain.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Don - he's a former U-20 Captain.

Also, the poll is a bit "wonky" as some of the players who have the talent to go sooner can't go until they turn 18. I predict the top four names will be playing in Europe during the 2008-2009 season. Which ones can & will transfer in the upcoming January window is a bit tougher to predict.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I read comments..
    I cannot believe the utter crap and bullshit posted on there .[fannation}

Ex: 'Szetela' never wanted to play for Columbus...
    True at the beginning cause he was only sixteen. Wanted to stay around 'home boys' but he hadnt considered the crop of cuties at THE Ohio State University.

Things change. ESP When you own your own house in Dublin. And maybe that was part of the problem.. but there were others.

Fair play to Danny, I'd let him go but dont give me a crock of crap like he cant develop here. If that was so, how's he doing so well at the U-20 level?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fair do's, 'fog. Seemed to me that the only things that ever stopped Szetela were attitude and injury. He had good coaching and supportive teammates, but nothing helps your game like being physically able to play it.