Tsunami Aid

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 15, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

- The Telethon.. on tonight.

Gathered with my family, well.. actually son d-in-law , wife...

I suppose this would be a tearjerker and helpful to those who've been out of touch the last two weeks..

But the music selection make me want to switch over to ANYTHING that might counter the urge to hang myself.... or take the pipe.

That's tough, and seemingly heartless to say, given the enormity of the tragedy... and I wouldnt want to be responsible for what entertainment is featured.

But there should be SOMETHING upbeat.. the hope for recovery.. SOMETHING!

Even the prime time programs about and after 9-11 had uplifting angles to it.

2. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

Who performed I missed this. Was the entire show depressing music?

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Tsunami Aid

Picture Elton John's song: "Dont let the sun go down on me" being -by far- the most upbeat!

Well.. the performers on, can be found on a google news search.

Sorry to be the Grinch... but whoever produced this should never be allowed to get near another benefit.

A Google News search provides results that imply I'm not alone in feeling that way... while there is NO criticism apparent, neither are there glowing or even positive reviews of the message presentation

Considering the obvious and justified need to be political correct and the good intentions of the effort, I have to assume there were a number of TV critics frequenting the vomitorium Satuday night.